2012 busa wont start when hot

Hello everyone,

My 2012 hayabusa wont start when its hot. It looks like the battery is dead but once the bike is cool down it starts in very quickly.
I have changed below items.
1. Yuasa battery
2. Clutch plates
3. Self motor
4. Starter coil
5. Oil cooler
6. Radiator

However, the problem still the same. Please advise if i need to check something else to resolve this problem.

Try using a lithium battery. I have a few busa's that have the same issue and a lithium battery got it fixed.

Hello everyone,

My 2012 hayabusa wont start when its hot. It looks like the battery is dead but once the bike is cool down it starts in very quickly.
I have changed below items.
1. Yuasa battery
2. Clutch plates
3. Self motor
4. Starter coil
5. Oil cooler
6. Radiator

However, the problem still the same. Please advise if i need to check something else to resolve this problem.
I recently figured mine out and fixed it. I would have the same symptoms when it was hot but it wouldn’t start turn off slowly like the battery was very weak. It was down in the starter clutch area between the starter and the starter clutch. Once you pull the cover off, the idler gear is the first one the starter touches and the way it is held on is by Holow steel Pin that goes into a recessed hole in the starter housing cover. It needs to fit in the hole and not wobble around at all. Mine was very sloppy which made the gears bind when it tried to turn. I recently put a video on YouTube showing and explaining what I did. If you want to see it, type in Rick Gidney In the search bar of YouTube, I’m just trying to help everybody else out because it was a rough one. Glad to do it

Back