2012 busa vs 1397 kit generation 1

i have k and n air filter all short velocity stacks x tre alien head and a power commander 5 i got from brock with a street map he programmed in and told me if the tail pipe turns a brownish looking color its just rite and it turned just the color he said

With all due respect, the shade of brown seen by one person can be quite different to that seen by another person.
The best way is to have your busa tuned properly....believe me when I say to you that it makes the world of difference.

Besides, the dyno is a lot more accurate and doesn't rely on guessing colors!!
It just costs more money that's all....

Consider a dyno if there is one nearby it will extract the best from your busa :thumbsup:

When I was tuned by HTP it was 206. That was with the clutch switch bypassed so it kept cutting fuel at 10500 rpm so Cecil believes it will be about 211-213 if I take it back to him with the bypass reversed. I am planning to take it back to him before the race season starts.

Just wanted to know if you have had your busa dynoed yet and if so what figure did you get at the wheel ?

Just wanted to know if you have had your busa dynoed yet and if so what figure did you get at the wheel ?

Once I figure the clutch bypass deal I am going to have it dynoed again and will post numbers for the group. When I get home I will try to find my sheet from before.

How will it hold up? YEA, It will outrun it in a straight line. I tell ya what though, as far as handling and braking, I'll take the Gen II ANY Day of the week! I have both and as far as I'm Concerned (Just My Opinion) as an All Round Bike, there is No Comparison between the two bikes. I like to look at street bikes as a whole. Maybe I'm just gettin' Old. ???

1397's , Smoke'm if you got'em ! Gen 2 "stock" doesn't have a chance as long as you can ride . With all these big bikes its mostly rider

Once I figure the clutch bypass deal I am going to have it dynoed again and will post numbers for the group. When I get home I will try to find my sheet from before.

Excellent .... I hope you will be posting figures over 210HP ....hmmm good luck !

1397's , Smoke'm if you got'em ! Gen 2 "stock" doesn't have a chance as long as you can ride . With all these big bikes its mostly rider

The skill of the rider plays a big part...getting off the line clean and fast...once that's mastered anyone can hold the throttle fully open....???

1397's have a nice supply of torque over and above any stock busa.....

If you know how to ride it ... you will be well in front :thumbsup:

come on guys really!!!!!:banghead: it's common sense that a 1397 will take a stock gen II. But if you put the same work into the gen II then the gen I will not hold up. I had an 04 with a 1397 and smoked stock gen II's all the time but not built gen II's. Now I have an 09 with built motor and just kill gen I 1397's including my old gen I.

I couldn't agree more with you on this point!

All the power in the world isn't any good to you unless you know how to control it............:laugh:

Back