2012 busa vs 1397 kit generation 1

mister08busa

Registered
2012 busa with pc 5 with velocity short stacks kn air filter x tre short alien head exhaust how would it match up to a gen 1 busa with a 1397 kit no spray

Another words don't put any big $$$ on the line with whom ever it is that wants to race you :laugh:

2012 busa with pc 5 with velocity short stacks kn air filter x tre short alien head exhaust how would it match up to a gen 1 busa with a 1397 kit no spray

My current busa is a gen 1 11/99 with a 1397 kit in it and was built professionally. It sports all the great internals, power commander III (matched up system), highly modified exhaust setup to match the engine etc, modified and reversed camshaft configuration, properly flowed head, performance air filter setup and undercut gearbox and clutch modifications etc, over 13:1 CR....NON-TURBO!!

Importantly, everything matches up perfectly and works together. A very expensive build considering the busa is non turbo, but it has proven to be bullet proof and a totally reliable package. A number of my mates have gsxr1000's and gen 1 and gen 2 busa's with mods as well but they can't stay with me off the line. I'm only talking about na busa's here.

I always use 98 octane fuel, sometimes with octane booster to get over 100 octane level but that's about it...nothing too special here. No NOS! I do change the full synthetic oil and filters regularly as well as the correctly gapped and branded spark plugs to keep her running sweet.

I'm sure there are k12's out there with more power (torque etc) NA than mine and I would like to hear about them and what mods they have done.
It's always a great conversation starting point.

It does depend on several factors ofcourse... ability of the rider to get the busa off the line smooth and fast...that's not easy to do at first!! It take s alot of practice to get it right...anyone will agree with this I'm sure of that ! Its a balancing act between clutch and throttle with a combination of different factors (temp, tyres, sprocket teeth etc etc)

One way to test it would be to have the same rider test the 2 different busa's by time trials etc and report the findings.
Dyno the 2 setups and compare them.

It may be unfair to compare the 2 different busa'a unless the modifications for both bikes etc can be fully documented and verified because it only takes a minor modification to make the world of difference!

Once you get used to the power though it becomes a problem...........WHY? ...........

Because you want more...............more power....that's the problem I'm now faced with........I'm going turbo really soon........
Besides it's only money after all !!! :laugh:

Doesn't stand a chance if the 1397 has the right cams.

I would certainly agree with you here as I have mates with gen 2 busa's and even a k12 modified and they can't keep up with my gen 1busa which has the 1397 kit, built professionally, no short cuts.

It makes me smile :laugh:every time I see their reactions....... It's all great fun !!!:thumbsup:

What did your bike tune out at ?

When I was tuned by HTP it was 206. That was with the clutch switch bypassed so it kept cutting fuel at 10500 rpm so Cecil believes it will be about 211-213 if I take it back to him with the bypass reversed. I am planning to take it back to him before the race season starts.

When I was tuned by HTP it was 206. That was with the clutch switch bypassed so it kept cutting fuel at 10500 rpm so Cecil believes it will be about 211-213 if I take it back to him with the bypass reversed. I am planning to take it back to him before the race season starts.
That was to Mr08, but you need to unleash that ECU next tune

1397 a solid 200 rwhp and a lot of torque, better than a gen2

I would agree with you on this figure as it is easily achieved and proven on the dyno. Getting 200 rwhp out of the 1397 kit is straight forward.

My busa was tuned at 218 rwHP which is nice to have for a NA busa. :laugh:

I have a 1397 which makes about 206hp. I also have a Gen 2. No comparison. The 1397 will trounce the Gen 2. I let zx14s and Gen 2s get out on me just so I can race by them.:laugh:

Once you get all those little annoying problems sorted out and run good octane fuel I'm sure you will pump out 213HP and maybe more....
Did you have much head work done ?
I spent a small fortune on better valves, springs, porting, polishing to get a little more than your figure....

Let me know what figure you end up getting?

Once you get all those little annoying problems sorted out and run good octane fuel I'm sure you will pump out 213HP and maybe more....
Did you have much head work done ?
I spent a small fortune on better valves, springs, porting, polishing to get a little more than your figure....

Let me know what figure you end up getting?

Well then I think I had some other problems because I blew that's toe not long after the tune. I had it rebuilt and put CP pistons in and larger cams. I now have 380/380 cams and then I had 378/350 I think. Seat of the pants is a lot stronger so hopefully ill be around 215.

Well then I think I had some other problems because I blew that's toe not long after the tune. I had it rebuilt and put CP pistons in and larger cams. I now have 380/380 cams and then I had 378/350 I think. Seat of the pants is a lot stronger so hopefully ill be around 215.

I run CP pistons also...they have never let me down with CR over 13:1!
I also run a power commander III of course to manage everything to keep away from detonation. Had to play around with the maps a lot before finding the right balance on the dyno. The dyno tune was well worth the $$$.
Hope you get 215HP out of your busa I will be keen to learn what happens.

My 1397 with 12.8 JE Pistons, and dual Intake cams, will run 196++ on any dyno!
I refresh it every 15000K ,
and it has 22k as of now!

i have k and n air filter all short velocity stacks x tre alien head and a power commander 5 i got from brock with a street map he programmed in and told me if the tail pipe turns a brownish looking color its just rite and it turned just the color he said

Back