2012 Busa Totaled before reaching 400 miles

Thats a bummer. Glad progressive hooked you up. ( I got progressive too )

And, also glad your friend did put up some money towards your new bike and hopefully your rates will not increase.

Make sure you keep calling the scoundrel "Buddy" until after he has paid your deductible.

Only then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bean him over the head with a hammer! :rulez:

I read a story of a poor bloke in Georgia who let his "Buddy" ride his Ducati Desmo ($75K) at the track and it too was a total loss and no insurance.

Buddies are people you drink beer with during the Super Bowl!

I'm sorry, if you can afford a $75k Ducati to begin with & then take it to the track to have a "buddy" wad it up...you obviously have more money than smarts...

I have only let 2 of my friends ride it. I trust them and I know how they ride. Both of them have enough respect for me and my bike not to test there limits on it. A month ago my one buddy took it for a 900 mile round trip and nothing bad happened.

Everything worked out. Material items can be replaced. so no biggie there. He did pay the deductible without hesitation. Insurance going up 15 dollars a month. 12 busa getting loaded up, and 13 busa finally completed today with all new mods and toys.

20130910_173312.jpg

20131006_142804.jpg

In my entire life, I've let but one buddy ride a bike I owned. He totaled it. The second and last time I let another individual swing a leg over a bike I owned, was for a test ride on an '07 busa I was selling. He never came back.. I'm a Florida boy with a tainted driving record, so there was no insurance to collect on either time. OP count yourself lucky brother, and go kick your buddy square in the nuts.

there are a few people I might throw the keys to if they showed up at my door and wanted to go for a ride.

Ricco did it for me when I was in Hawaii. I would do the same for him in an instant.
Blanca, would be welcome if he ever happen to be in the neighborhood.

but for the most part. NO WAY! I would be very very hesitant to let my busa to be the first busa they have ridden.

sorry about your luck. the new one looks nice.

Ride On!:beerchug:

The new bike looks beautiful. And 2 thumbs up on the frame sliders. I happen to have the same ones on my ol' Girl! :thumbsup:

Nobody rides my bike unless I know they can pay for it on the spot . So far only my boss has ever ridden it . He said are you sure as I handed him the keys and I said "yes, besides if you wreck it I will drive your convertible SL500 Mercedes until the new one comes" !

I was very tempted to let a guy with a brand new zx-14 trade me for my 2012 Busa for a few miles of twisties a couple of weeks back when I was out riding with some guys. He was just breaking it in. It has under 100 miles on it. He didn't ask to switch but he implied it. Not sure if he out right asked if I would have done it. He could afford to write me a check for mine if he totaled it. I could not do the same for him though.

I've let a few folks ride my bike. My neighbor back in NC and I was on his TL with his wife riding shotgun with me. He kept it tame and was a good rider. Then I let the guy from Suzuki that designed the bike at one of the bash events take it for a spin on the dragon. Honestly I was hoping he'd be ok and wad up my 02 so I would get a new 08 :laugh: but came back safe and sound with a little wadded up rubber on the tires :) A few trusted folks that I know could have the keys but pretty sure they wouldn't ask for them.

You are lucky your insurance isn't going up for sure and that he covered the deductible quickly. Like others have said I would be interest in seeing if your ins. company goes after his.

Back