2012 busa rough idle/ jerky throttle

Bwmtsg23

Registered
Hey everyone,
I’m new to the busa riding but have always had a gsxr 1000 07, 08, 09, and 11

can’t figure out why my 2012 busa takes 2 or 3 times to start. When it does start it, the idle is are 600 rpm and it’s rough after about a minute or so it will idle around 1800rpm. While I’m riding the throttle lags and will then surge not a smooth response from a stop. When I stop at a light the bike will idle above 2000 rpm and climbing whether holding clutch in first gear or in neutural.
bike only has 8500 miles on it. Very few mods.

Mods:
K&N air filter
York dual shorty slip on
08 GSXR 1000 tail conversion

Welcome....

A little more info is required...

Did the bike sit for a long time before?

Have you done any fuel system maintenance?

If it has sat or no fuel system maintenance has been done....it is due. You could have anything from a clogged fuel pump filter to clogged injectors. In my opinion, the entire fuel system needs to be gone through and while you are at it change out the spark plugs.

The bike did sit for a while.. I drained the fuel replaced the fuel pump filter/screen and it was clogged.. put fresh gas in and no change. I have not done anything with the injectors.. should I just clean them? Or rebuild? Or get brand new ones?
Welcome....

A little more info is required...

Did the bike sit for a long time before?

Have you done any fuel system maintenance?

If it has sat or no fuel system maintenance has been done....it is due. You could have anything from a clogged fuel pump filter to clogged injectors. In my opinion, the entire fuel system needs to be gone through and while you are at it change out the spark plugs.

Back