2012 brembo?

Jamz

Registered
Does anyone know if brembo front calipers off a 2017 would work on my 2012? If not what year would work?
I've been searching brembo upgrades and havent found much. Ive already done ss lines and pads, would like a little more stopping power. Thanks for the help

Does anyone know if brembo front calipers off a 2017 would work on my 2012? If not what year would work?
I've been searching brembo upgrades and havent found much. Ive already done ss lines and pads, would like a little more stopping power. Thanks for the help
Welcome to the forum. All gen2 calipers (2008-2019) interchange. Also, a lot gsxr calipers fit. I ran gsxr1000 monoblock calipers for years on my 2009.

Thanks mabupa! That's what I was thinking but looking thru some ads on Ebay had me confused
You are welcome. The adds can be confusing, but as you probably already know, most of those guys just take wrecks and part them out, they don’t actually work on busas for a living and don’t always know much about compatibility.

I have 2012 Brembos on my 2009 and they work flawless-thanks to the previous owner..
No Brembo's on 2012 Busa bro :poke:, they wear the last of the horrid tokico that's why I fitted Brembo's to my 2012 ..... Brembo are on '13+ Busa .
So those and GSXR radial caliper are 108mm fitment M4 's cast monoblocs . Now there is also the newer Brembo - GP4-RS 108mm Monobloc Cast Calipers , that look pretty nice . Plenty of M4's around for competitive price .

No Brembo's on 2012 Busa bro :poke:, they wear the last of the horrid tokico that's why I fitted Brembo's to my 2012 ..... Brembo are on '13+ Busa .
So those and GSXR radial caliper are 108mm fitment M4 's cast monoblocs . Now there is also the newer Brembo - GP4-RS 108mm Monobloc Cast Calipers , that look pretty nice . Plenty of M4's around for competitive price .
And you can get detailed information that will be required to install the Brembo. I do not understand this question.

And you can get detailed information that will be required to install the Brembo. I do not understand this question.
Well bro , the question is basically , can all the Gen 2 models fitted with the front Tokico calipers be swapped over for the 2013+ Gen 2 Brembo M4 calipers , and I presume , without the ABS .
The answer is of course yes , the forks remain the same for all Gen 2 years , so 108mm radial spacing is same for both Tokico and M4 Brembo , so this caliper , Brembo M4 , will bolt straight up , with no worries .
I guess this question comes up occasionally , because there are some of us not entirely happy with the standard brake setup fitted to Gen 2 2008-12 , and even some owners of the 2013+ Suzuki fix , feel the factory only went half way in addressing the lack of feel at the lever .
The fix for the '08-12 Tokico calipers was usually a set of HH pads , braided lines and an most importantly an aftermarket master cylinder pump .
The 13+ Brembo + ABS is still let down by that same stock master cylinder as the earlier models , and if you change it for a aftermarket pump , and at least the main brake lines to braided , the results by all reports should also be very good .

A typo...must have meant to type '13....my bad, fat fingers do that. :D

I have the '13 Brembos, EBC rotors, EBC HH sintered pads a Brembo master cylinder and braided lines. Mine stops when I want it to without fade.

Well bro , the question is basically , can all the Gen 2 models fitted with the front Tokico calipers be swapped over for the 2013+ Gen 2 Brembo M4 calipers , and I presume , without the ABS .
The answer is of course yes , the forks remain the same for all Gen 2 years , so 108mm radial spacing is same for both Tokico and M4 Brembo , so this caliper , Brembo M4 , will bolt straight up , with no worries .
I guess this question comes up occasionally , because there are some of us not entirely happy with the standard brake setup fitted to Gen 2 2008-12 , and even some owners of the 2013+ Suzuki fix , feel the factory only went half way in addressing the lack of feel at the lever .
The fix for the '08-12 Tokico calipers was usually a set of HH pads , braided lines and an most importantly an aftermarket master cylinder pump .
The 13+ Brembo + ABS is still let down by that same stock master cylinder as the earlier models , and if you change it for a aftermarket pump , and at least the main brake lines to braided , the results by all reports should also be very good .
Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.
I think I mis understood your post bro , I think unlike the original thread poster , you are up to speed on Brembo etc. compatibility and aware of the many threads on this forum on this subject , so all good my friend .
I do think you would like the track days even more if you do get onto the pump fix , if you have not already bro , !! :thumbsup:

The Brembo calipers from the later years will give slightly better performance, with decent pads fitted that is. Braided lines will also give a slight improvement. But the best upgrade is the Brembo RCS19 master cylinder. Just be thankful you don't have the old 6 pot calipers that only work with being kept in absolute tip-top condition.

Back