2011 Clutch fault in ECU?

Kevs2579

Registered
I am building a car with a 2001 gen 2 Hayabusa engine, Ive stripped the wiring loom of all non essentials, I loaded the US Bin file I have since read & saved the Bin File with WRT changed some advanced settings (disableTOS OEM Oxy sensor, Pair) & flashed it back to the ECU with WRT, all good! I was looking at the live data while it was running & noticed the clutch display is showing clutch in, when in fact the B/Y wire is cut close to the ECU, which should be clutch out, tried earthing it but no change, its as though the wire is earthed, (clutch in) of course this means it going to run in the neutral maps all the time, anyone had this issue? or any ideas?

Is the engine a 2001 or a Gen II?

Type error, its a 2011 Gen 2,

Had a thought last night, because of the TOS removal feature in the editor, I removed the TOS sensor & wiring, I'm wondering if it needs the TOS working (ie looking for a signal, even though it switched off in the editor) to make the ECU see clutch out signal?, I'll reinstate the TOS wiring with resistors/sensor and check whether or not it changes the ECU clutch signal

Try hooking up the clutch wire to simulate having the clutch in when you initially start the engine. Then look at it in engine data and see if it recognizes the clutch activation normally.

Type error, its a 2011 Gen 2,

Had a thought last night, because of the TOS removal feature in the editor, I removed the TOS sensor & wiring, I'm wondering if it needs the TOS working (ie looking for a signal, even though it switched off in the editor) to make the ECU see clutch out signal?, I'll reinstate the TOS wiring with resistors/sensor and check whether or not it changes the ECU clutch signal

The TOS elimination in the software should not be an issue. I've been without a TOS for quite some time with no issues.

Ok will try earthing out the sensor on Startup, The give away is it starts in any gear in including neutral

Ok will try earthing out the sensor on Startup, The give away is it starts in any gear in including neutral

That has more to do with your choice of wiring for the starter solenoid. The OEM application uses teh clutch ground to ground the starter solenoid coil in addition to the signal to the ecu.
If you have the solenoid wired direct, it will start without the clutch.

That has more to do with your choice of wiring for the starter solenoid. The OEM application uses teh clutch ground to ground the starter solenoid coil in addition to the signal to the ecu.
If you have the solenoid wired direct, it will start without the clutch.

But with the ECU wire disconnected/cut/not earthed, the data is telling me clutch in, which means Neutral Map. my understanding is that with the ECU wire not earthed it should be clutch out,

I'm interested to know what gives with this also. I have gen 2 harness in a car also and the clutch wire black/ yellow gives a permanent ground from the ecu. I expected the ecu would be looking for ground when the lunch is in - disengaged.

Anyone have this issue. I got another ECU and same problem. So maybe the harness is somehow screwing up the ECU. I'm told that the clutch input to the ECU should have around 6 volts present when not grounded (clutch in).

The clutch switch grounds the starter solenoid coil for starting and also grounds the CPU input (BY)monitoring the clutch(clutch in) If the BY wire is not connected to anything You should try tying it Hi (clutch out). Can't hurt to try!

Just an update, after a whole lot of testing & checking circuits etc, I understand now why the "clutch in" signal is seen by the ECU:

To start the engine the clutch lever/switch when pulled in, earths the B/Y wire, now the B/Y wire goes to the ECU, "pin 60" (Clutch lever switch) so you would think that by cutting this B/Y wire the ECU would be fooled & you could permanently earth the clutch lever switch, so the engine would start in all gears

It would seem the Suzuki are a bit smarter than that, & are always checking to see if the clutch lever/switch is earthed, they do this by sending 3.05V to the starter relay Y/G "pin 42" (Starter Switch) all the time from the ECU, now this is not enough voltage to pull the starter relay in, but if the current passes thought the starter relay coil & sees an earth through the B/Y if you have it permanently to earth, even though the B/Y pin 60 wire is cut, the ECU faults as "Clutch in".

I'm not sure of your application but you must have the B/Y only earthed to start the engine otherwise the engine runs in the Neutral map all the time

Back