2010 Road trip / MnG Deadwood SD Feeler

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
this was discussed a bit at Fall Bash between a few members and here is the idea..

DeadWood SD the last full week of June in 2010 (Sunday 20th to Saturday 26th)

This would be sort of a DIY rolling event with people coming when the felt like it and leaving the same.. There will be no formal anything going on other than maybe a dinner on Friday night.. Just a chance for a really informal MnG where you can vacation with your family and then have friends with similar interest around if you want to go ride..

This would be a "Family Friendly" event as the Deadwood area has an abundance of things to do and see for everyone.. Still better, there are plenty of roads for bikes to ride..

The hotel has 42 standard rooms and a number of suites etc to choose from.. there is also a trolly to town, museums, pools and plenty of sight seeing stops..

We can get some kind of group rate but it will take some kind of idea on how many room nights we are booking..

Anyway.. Look at the website and surf the net a bit about the area and see what you think..

Black Hills Inn & Suites of Deadwood, South Dakota

Providing vacation schedules work out, Juli and I would like to make this trip.

Providing vacation schedules work out, Juli and I would like to make this trip.

Ditto...my new job might dictate otherwise with the Stampede on the horizon. If I can do both, though...you can bet I will.

sounds interesting. 22 hrs and 2908 miles there and back. Now to sell the wife and kids to go there on vacation. :) Probably need a chase car to haul luggage. :)

Would be a blast. Money and work schedule permit I would be in.

That's funny. I was thinking about posting a GTG in that area for a National Busa Bash. It's about as close to the center of east and west, and has some killer roads to ride. :beerchug:

sounds interesting. 22 hrs and 2908 miles there and back. Now to sell the wife and kids to go there on vacation. :) Probably need a chase car to haul luggage. :)
I think it would classify as a "vacation" to most.. It is a 2300M round trip for me as well..

I have traveled that part of the country before and there really is a lot to see.. I think what I like is the amount of "open" space.. If you have not seen "Mount Rushmore" , you are in for a treat.. in person it is amazing..

I could do without having to sit through "Passion Play" again but it was ok... Then you have the jewelery, museums, hot springs, and a number of other goodies..

Last edited:
This sounds like alot of fun. I would have to check the finances at that time with layoff's going around I really can't make definate plans that far ahead. I know its come as you please but when is it all starting and ending?

id do this depending on the scheduling, and if SCAR shows up.....ohhh wow hold up there buddy....:laugh:

Back