2010 Busa Caught My Eye, Whatdya'll Think?

Kiwi Rider

Registered
I was down at the local Suzuki Dealership and this bike has just been traded, I'm thinking is it worth it, or do I just wait and see what else comes up.
The price is ok and it's just had $1500 worth of work done on it, all the chassis bearings replaced, full service and a full Muzzy system fitted, PC5 and a few other bits and pieces added.
Any thoughts on pros and cons?
Am I better off getting something lower miles and newer?
I need you guys to give me a bit of balance here, it's tempting coz I reckon it'd be great to have both Gen 1 and Gen 2, maybe mix them up a little :confused::thumbsup:

https://www.avoncitymotorcycles.co....veh=2010-Suzuki-GSX1300-Hayabusa&pageNumber=2

IMG_2182.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG

In the pic below, the casting appears to have been messed with, anyone else seen this going on on their Gen 2 steering head area?
IMG_2184.JPG

IMG_2185.JPG

2010/11's have the best "bold new graphics" of any model year, in my opinion... price is sky-high for that much mileage though and Muzzy pipes belong on Kawasakis, not Suzukis. ;)

Still the prettiest one though! :thumbsup:

I assume this is in kilometers which comes to 48k miles for us in the US. All things considered it may be worth it especially with the recent work done to it. I am not a fan of single sided exhaust regardless of weight savings but I'd say if you like it, buy it.

What is going on with the pic Kiwi ? Has it been painted , I can't tell , just looks glossy / smooth surface compared to L2 coarse finish ?
80 K KM is a fair chunk , if one or second owner , by then they would really know the bike , and chances could be they have caned it a bit , because of familiarity . Or , they are a careful owner that rode accordingly throughout it's history . The Muzzy exhaust points to a bit of a hoon , me thinks , because in NZ , I would think it is a rare pipe for Busa .
Now , the km are not over 100k km , and there are plenty over that , that are still motoring strong , it is not the same story as say for an oil cooled Gixxer .
The color scheme is all Fallenarch , so we likey . Kiwi , you have to take it for a ride , you are a mechanic , you must go by your honest feel in your gut and heart . Try testing it under load uphill or somewhere to see how clean it revs through a full gear to redline , remembering that the tacho's are known to be up to 1k out .
You know I want you to get a gen 2 , but you must be happy with deal first .

A reminder Tom aka SCAR currently has over 223,000 Miles on his gen 2 ( not kilometers ) If its well cared for 48,000 thousand miles is nothing . I'll have a hard time selling my bird some day as millage will be way up there . Maybe not 1/4 million miles ,but in the 6 figures .

That bike looks very clean . Reflectors are still on it , and stock wind screen . Bar ends look clean with no signs of drops . Wheels have a shine to them , and paint still pops out at you . Muzzy pipe is a rare thing now . It might be a 4 into two into 1 like my Muzzy Titanium .

Hey Kiwi Rider. Fair price. That is my main Dealer. I have seen the bike in the flesh, but have not looked closely. If you want it checked out, I can do that no problem. I dont think there is any issue with the headstock casting. Avon City are honest dealers and I have a good relationship with them. Could be a better deal to be had on that bike, with a little squeezing!

Back