2009 Yamaha V-Max

It's like anything else, they can be fast with mods but NO WAY are they the fastest stock...

night of the living thread
undead-5.jpg

Have there been any stock Max's in the 9's yet? I mean they have been out a while, and lord knows they've been trying. Give it up man, Star just missed the target, all this fanfare about the baddest bike of all time just didn't pan out for them. It's a big pipe dream, just like the original "legend".

Have there been any stock Max's in the 9's yet? I mean they have been out a while, and lord knows they've been trying. Give it up man, Star just missed the target, all this fanfare about the baddest bike of all time just didn't pan out for them. It's a big pipe dream, just like the original "legend".

See Home of the All New Yamaha Star VMax Forum 2009 2010 2011

and see the 9's.....

And just what am I supposed to give up?...... I've got a VMax thats posting close to 200rwhp and is REAL fast for me...so again what's with the give it up crap?

:rofl:

See Home of the All New Yamaha Star VMax Forum 2009 2010 2011

and see the 9's.....

And just what am I supposed to give up?...... I've got a VMax thats posting close to 200rwhp and is REAL fast for me...so again what's with the give it up crap?

:rofl:

You expressed a "disagreement" to the statement that the Max is not faster than the Busa in stock form. Your bike isn't stock, and neither are those 9 sec bikes you quote. I'm not saying it's slow, but it AINT a Busa. Show me a STOCK bike in the 9's. When you have done that, we can talk about how deep in the 9's you'd have to go. Otherwise it's modded bike vs modded bike, and you're still looking at that tail nobody likes. :rulez: are :rulez: and the Max is NOT the king of ANY hill unless you start picking and choosing your competition.

You expressed a "disagreement" to the statement that the Max is not faster than the Busa in stock form. Your bike isn't stock, and neither are those 9 sec bikes you quote. I'm not saying it's slow, but it AINT a Busa. Show me a STOCK bike in the 9's. When you have done that, we can talk about how deep in the 9's you'd have to go. Otherwise it's modded bike vs modded bike, and you're still looking at that tail nobody likes. :rulez: are :rulez: and the Max is NOT the king of ANY hill unless you start picking and choosing your competition.

... I'm sorry...really I'm sorry you had to feel it was necessary to point out the obvious, of course the busa isn't like a VMax...kinda like saying a KIA isn't a Corvette..duhhhhh

Like no one has ever seen either of them.

In reality...yes Dorthy there is a Kansas... VMax is a Fast bike.... and you may never get to run one, and if you do it may smoke you like you are riding a skateboard....then again it's just as likely you'll do the Vmax rider the same way.

JUST because you think your bike is 2 one hundreds of a second faster in a 1/4 run after running 1300 feet and getting to end 2 feet faster is kinda childish.

It's always up to the rider to win or lose...always.

So yea.....there will be stock VMax's that will walk over you and you some of them.

I mean come on....if that's all you got is a article in a CycleWorld magazine from 1999 that said Busa's were 9.9 and then later posted Busa's in 10.3's......WHICH IS THE SAME AS A VMAX!

What's the big deal.....don't get so defensive...?

I mean there are plenty of Magazines that post Busa in the high 9's and low 10's here is the link to Cycleworld

Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R Performance Statistics Page 1
:poke:

So either learn to deal with it and enjoy your bike as I do mine, Or face the future with trying to deny everything.

Dude! A Magazine article? Are you serious?

There are hundreds of Busa's out there mixing it up at the strip, running 9's.

There is a lot more than a couple hundredths difference in them, and at the big end the Busa is running away from anything that tops out at 137. I know you have all the tricks to get you to 160 or whatever BS, but a STOCK one won't. Besides in the Busa world, 160 is just not fast enough, and 10's don't cut it.

The Max is just not enough horse if you're relying on my lack of skill to win the race for you. Don't get me wrong, I'd wait up for you so we could ride together, it's lonely at the top. :laugh:

OK...... But you do know that VMaxs go faster than 137mph in the 1/4 mile...right? I mean you do know that it's only limited to 137 when just cruising, but the ECM allows runs up to 147 when it senses that the bike is being run WFO in a red light to red light run or such?

I mean these VMax's are running 9's with minor mods..oh well it's not really the time or the place to rehash what most already know......

Now maybe the resurrected Zombies can all go back to rest in peace.

zombie1.jpg

Last edited:
Smokin busas..... I don't know the guy or the bike, but it's happening on drag strips.....

These bikes are fast....ain't no getting around it. Mine is extremely quick for the work I've put in it. It's just a lot of FUN!

The only limiting factor on the VMax is it ain't ever going faster than 172mph cause the driveline ratio can't be changed, but throw a chain and sprokets on one then anything is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
V-max is great bike (beast)...demo it everytime I go to Daytona (bikeweek/biketoberfest)
I applaud their update but 20 grand though...is ridiculas.
(I paid 11 grand OTD for my Busa)

The original article I read had them pulling teeth to get the stocker V-Max
below 10 and they couldn't do it. (had the "original" V-max drag racer on it, don't
remember his name) They tried their :moon: off and couldn't come close to
below 10 seconds.

Stock Busa(s) regularly hit in the nines.

The argument is kinda silly though...137mph you guys are done...I'm still in 3rd

Imagine if the busa had similar gearing forgetting about top end...

The Busa was designed to be the undisputed TOP SPEED land missle...
the fact that is also smokes a quarter mile is what makes the Busa what it is...
KING :bowdown: and LEGENDARY :bowdown:

Love the Max though...if I had 20 grand burning a hole in pocket..I'd have a
max in garage sitting next to my Busa.

Last edited:
According to that article it was a "mildly custom" VMax that turned that number. Bone stock or mod for mod only things keeping up with a Busa are a 14 or a current generation literbike. End of story. Many have tried, all but them have failed.

I can tell you've never run one.........

And I've certainly done my fair share of "Keeping up".....LOL!

Last edited:
mild custom indeed....

so a modded bike....ufo full exhaust, modded airbox (top and YCC-I removed),UFO max tuner w/ custom dyno tune, M/T drag slick, and who knows what else...almost promise you race gas etc.

driven by a professional rider....

or his other run at 9.39 according the vmax forums...

Drag slick , full system , air box removed and a very trick intake system , running on u4.2 racing fuel , Limiters removed... P/C and tunned by one of the best around with a race weight around 600 pounds ..Lets not forget who was riding the bike ( Jay Gleason ) and he weighted in that day at 112 pounds ...Temps in the high 60s with low humidity and a light tail wind

the 60ft times were around 1.56-1.6....

not exactly, a stock bike pulling up to the line and running down the strip...

quick bike.... but no busa killer... specially mod for mod..

I can tell you've never run one.........

And I've certainly done my fair share of "Keeping up".....LOL!
Defend it all you want, more weight( 685 vs the Busa's 550) and less power to the ground (197 to the Busa's 194 at the crank, we all know shaft drive sucks up more power than a chain) mean it loses. Unless the rider just can't ride......
Anything can be beat, but like I said all things equal, adios Mr. Max....
I like the bikes, always have but lets keep it real.

I don't know where you're getting your info from it's 683lb WET. Granted, that's still about 200lb heavier than the busas DRY weight, but as for right now no one knows what the gear ratio is, (or at least I haven't heard of anyone that does) There are a lot of variables. All I'm saying is they have a shot at it. Forgive me for thinking that MAYBE something out there could POSSIBLY outrun a busa in a 1/4 mile drag. The busa will still get it on the top end no doubt, so I don't know why everyone's jumpin all over me anyway. . . Truth be told no one really knows or will know till the first pull down the strip. Will the max win? Maybe. . Maybe not. We'll find out on that day.

My buddy waxed my busa with his zx14 more than once at the strip, oh yes, the busa can beat, I had a guy on a cbr1000rr drive around me at memphis in the 1/4ml after i treed him big time.

Back