2009 Yamaha V-Max

I sure would like to see this race happen with my own eyes. I like to see things with my own eyes. They should have the same rider ride stock versions of both bikes and see which one comes out on top. There should also be no adjusted times for sea level, temperatures, and anything else could change the time.

It doesn't really matter. Everybody knows "Pee Wee" is a 110# pro jockey that makes anything fly, and he can't get the Max down the quarter as fast as the average racer on a Busa. That makes a direct comparison unnecessary.

I've always liked this article for some reason. Crate to the 8's

night of the living thread
undead-5.jpg

Really!!! Damn this discussion was settled with the shoot out between the B-King and the V-max...

V-max is a cool bike and got mucho HP but has a hard time delivering it to the ground and has suspect twisty handling vs all sports...

It's been settled for everybody that hasn't dropped 20 grand on a V Max. Sometimes denial is just easier for the ego to deal with.

Well ya'll.....I was gonna buy a gen II v-max. Owned a Gen I for 4 years....lots of fun and full of flaws...mostly the frame. The website you want is ufocycles.com Guy runs a Gen II, stock motor,slicks and a wheelie bar with a new exhaust and tuning mods

runs a 8.87 1/4 mile at 156 mph.....so you non believers....all I can tell you is, bring your gear and line up? think he might have been using an air shifter....doesnt say

The problem with that right there is all the mods. The original statement was about the stock bikes.

Besides, again put those kind of mods to a busa and the Max is STILL not keeping up with it.

Stock for stock, mod for mod, the Busa (and several others, if we're honest) have the Max whipped.

The problem with that right there is all the mods. The original statement was about the stock bikes.

Besides, again put those kind of mods to a busa and the Max is STILL not keeping up with it.

Stock for stock, mod for mod, the Busa (and several others, if we're honest) have the Max whipped.

Have you "whipped" any? :rofl: or is this just hopeful thinking?

Just saying..............:whistle:

I think your trying to hard to convince the rest of us.....

I've ran with busa's before.......:whistle:

It appears that a lot of testing has been done by lots of Magazines..right or wrong.
Here's a quote:

"Well, it turns out you almost can, as we would discover at the Phoenix, AZ, Firebird International Raceway. Any definitive answers we sought about overall performance on the dragstrip were dashed, as the quarter-mile results were also razor thin. In our best uncorrected runs the Suzuki just nipped the Kawasaki, running a 10.378 to the Ninja's 10.398. To put that disparity into context, 0.02 is less time than it takes for some species of hummingbird to flap their wings. Trap speed was also marginal, with the Busa coming out on top 139.36 to 139.08 mph.

That's not to say our two drag testers, MCUSA Editorial Director Ken Hutchison and Associate Editor Adam Waheed, didn't have an opinion about the duo's abilities at the strip. "

It turns out that three of these bikes are pulling 10.3's in the 1/4 mile Stock.....

Hayabusa,
ZX14,
VMax,

So who's the definative answer? Which bike mags are right or wrong?

Anyway....The busa and Zx are way faster at the top end....never been a dispute about that...I've only gone 172mph...that's it no more!

We can all point to different stats.....magazines publish the numbers all the time some at 9.7 some at 10.3 for all the same bikes....

Just enjoy your bike, we all just love to ride anyway!

Last edited:
Maybe if Star had decided to grace us with more of them, I could see one. The way it is they might as well not exist. You are living in fairy tale land. You can't be convinced, because you don't want to be. Your hero the V Max is not that special. :moon:

I think your trying to hard to convince the rest of us.....
YOU think HE's trying hard? :rofl:
Hate to burst your bubble dude, but most of us already know......
Only ones in denial seem to be those who have spent a lot of money on a cool bike, that they mistakenly thought was faster than it is.....
More weight+less power = a loss every time. Face it, it's reality!

You can pick and choose your magazine articles all you want. You might try pulling your nose out of a mag and looking around at what's going on in the real world.

Maybe if Star had decided to grace us with more of them, I could see one. The way it is they might as well not exist. You are living in fairy tale land. You can't be convinced, because you don't want to be. Your hero the V Max is not that special. :moon:

OK, you win.....:cheerleader:

Back