2009 stage one ultra with 65# secondaries and boost reference hits dyno!

I just upped it today as I'm getting use to it (well sort of) 1st @ 8lb, 2nd @ 10lb, 3rd @ 12lb, 4th @ 15lb and 18lb for 5th and 6th..
how far are you stretched? I have a 240 wheel running a Pirelli Diablo and I'm at 5.5 over. In 4th at 14lb it lights the tire up at 150mph but I'm running a different turbo than you have

Last edited:
The bike featured in this thread is running a TD0450E Precision with custom housings . . . this turbo is capable of over 430 RWHP . . .:laugh:

how far are you stretched? I have a 240 wheel running a Pirelli Diablo and I'm at 5.5 over. In 4th at 14lb it lights the tire up at 150mph but I'm running a different turbo than you have

Its about 6.5 stretched... Its been real hot lately but it does smoke the tire in 4th and 5th with these current boost settings, especially on cooler nights/days.. but it still propelling forward pretty fast :laugh:

Maybe its the weekly high tourist traveled desert, sand blasted roads out here in Vegas. But I keep blowing up the rear tire at 95 mph when I ride on the highway and call for the 13 # of boost everytime I don't granny throttle into it.

I actually have more fun riding around on 7 -8 # of boost for daily riding. I like whacking the throttle in any gear on 7# and the bike just hooks up and goes. I rarely go up to the 13# of boost on my bike on city streets. I have a drag race at the end of the month where I will put on the sticky shinko and will be using the 13# of boost but that is only 5% of my riding.

How much do you see yourself using over 8# of boost in your daily riding. Not knocking you at all, your setup is killer and I like it alot.

Its about 6.5 stretched... Its been real hot lately but it does smoke the tire in 4th and 5th with these current boost settings, especially on cooler nights/days.. but it still propelling forward pretty fast :laugh:

okay well thats very accurate info according to my experience on my setup also. I have an AMS-1000 on my bike and just have yet to use it. I think once I get familiar with the ams and have it setup properly then I can take better control of laying down my HP

Maybe its the weekly high tourist traveled desert, sand blasted roads out here in Vegas. But I keep blowing up the rear tire at 95 mph when I ride on the highway and call for the 13 # of boost everytime I don't granny throttle into it.

I actually have more fun riding around on 7 -8 # of boost for daily riding. I like whacking the throttle in any gear on 7# and the bike just hooks up and goes. I rarely go up to the 13# of boost on my bike on city streets. I have a drag race at the end of the month where I will put on the sticky shinko and will be using the 13# of boost but that is only 5% of my riding.

How much do you see yourself using over 8# of boost in your daily riding. Not knocking you at all, your setup is killer and I like it alot.
Well the few times I have ridden my bike since its been turbo equiped I've only seen 14lb. I have a the large blue spring in the wastegate so it creeps to 14lb. I'm going to put a small spring in it so 1-3rd gear can be usable but I can for surely say I will find myself using up to 18lb on the street / interstate frequently. I'm running a GT4094R on my bike and it doesn't come on until 7K+ so I only really use it on highways and interstates for the boost. I have an AMS 1000 it just needs to be setup on manifold pressure and I think I can really start to control my power better then. Last time the bike was on the dyno it made 349HP at 14lb so its a 390-400HP pump gas bike. I have 3 degrees timing pulled also from 7K and up through the ECU and that ate up 10HP on back to back runs on the dyno, also know that Powerhouse says the 240 eats 15HP....so maybe it really a 415-425HP pump gas bike:thumbsup: but I like the having the timing pulled as a little insurance...not like your gonna notice an extra 10HP anyway. I'm also running 19/45 gearing and I have a feeling I might need to go a few teeth lower on the rear when I run higher boost. With a 240 Pirelli rear tire and 5.5 over stretch its spinning even in 5th at 14lb. In the future when I can really get everything together I plan to have a camera on the bike so I can make some good interstate pulls

Last edited:
okay well thats very accurate info according to my experience on my setup also. I have an AMS-1000 on my bike and just have yet to use it. I think once I get familiar with the ams and have it setup properly then I can take better control of laying down my HP

feel free to send the ams my way, ill use it :laugh:

You are correct.. I'm still trying to find that fine line with this bike.. I'm a speed freek by nature I have a 7 sec street car and been racing cars for a long time so a little tire hazing is kinda fun for me.. At the track it will be all bussiness.. til then I'm just having fun.. Theres nothing better than passing your buddies busas while they are in full tuck like they are standing still :)

yeah being 340HP or whatever it was I believe that for sure:thumbsup: Its fun when they pull harder in 6th than a stock bike in 1st. Whats your 7 second street car setup?

Thats probably the best way to describe it... I have a 97 cobra mustang, twin turbo tubbed and all the other good stuff.. shes been 7.79 and can be driven to the track..

Bobs car.jpg

bobs car 3.jpg

Thats probably the best way to describe it... I have a 97 cobra mustang, twin turbo tubbed and all the other good stuff.. shes been 7.79 and can be driven to the track..

Awesome!!! Is it a 5.4 swap? That's got to be some major hp to run those times. My next toy down the road is a big single or TT 03-04 cobra. Prob end up finding one already built...god only knows how much $$ u can dump onto one of these

I ran that time when it was a 4.6 L but have since upgraded it to a Darton sleeved stroked to 5.3 L.. I pretty sure she'll go deep into the 7's since it has picked up an additional 190 HP and 350 ft lb of torque.. but she's retired now and i got a new project in the making..

Def a good chance you could find someone elses misfortune w this rotten economy for a steel right about now..

5th gear burn outs thats just insane:rofl: whats your gearing?
you guys need to compile a documentary for those of us who are sitting here drooling over your experience!

Back