2009 GSXR1000

bigoltool

Registered
I was wondering aloud today about why I haven't heard any ramblings on the net so far about what the future holds for the GSXR1000? Its recent development cycle has been 2 years so it is due. If things keep derailing in the AMA Superbike realm will they even give us a new one for 09? I did find this photochop shot from Motocyclismo of what it could look like,but really not much so far? IF I was to speculate (and I am) I would say evolutionary changes at best. Highly doubt the exhaust will be going back to a single sided arrangement any time soon. Perhaps some weight loss and more sophisticated electronics and valve train and of course BNG? Anyone heard anything?

big_big_suzukigsxr2009.jpg

when is that? I need to go to vegas sometime in my life, might as well do it for something worth while
laugh.gif

Well, they did give us a new K8 Busa, without regard to AMA, so why not? Suzuki has a very strong following, they won't disappoint!
beerchug.gif

Why would they stop now? There's as much demand now as there ever was. Especially with gas prices.

I have no doubt we will see something new at the dealer show. No surprise there. What we will see, I have no idea, thats why I started this thread.

Heres where the speculation comes in. The dominant issue (aside from the economy) is that Companies race to sell motorcycles. The GSXR-1000 makes up the bulk of all the entries in the current AMA Superbike and Superstock fields. It is that dominant here! But with the rift between the manufacturers and the Daytona Motorsports group now running the AMA series, all but Yamaha have openly said that they may not race (nationally)at all in the US next year! If they have no national series to compete in why would they maintain the breakneck development pace (at tremendous cost) they now demonstrate every two years. In the past the competition necessitated this in order to maintain parity and we consumers reaped the rewards. The need will still exist globally but the potential for the US to not get the latest and greatest is there. It has happened before. In the mid eighties I used to trip on up to Canada every year just to see what new models they were getting a year earlier than us in the states. Ever seen a 1984 American spec GSXR-750?

Once again all this is pure speculation but it is a weird time in the world. I hope the 09 Gixxer is a real Azz kicker! Just wonder why nothing much has started to trickle out to the net so far?

NOPE, Never seen an '84(or '85 for that matter) American spec GSXR750... because they where never made. Actually the 1st production year for them was 1985. Then in '86 we got them, with no flat slides and a 25mm longer swingarm and no steering stabilizer, and a 1pc seat with a solo "cover". I have 3...

Yea, we used to get the short end of the stick all the time...

The 08 CBR1000RR is beating up on the current gen Gixx1K's. You can race a nearly stock 1000RR and still be supercompetitive in the Superstock class, or even WSMC's Premier Formula 1 class.

If Zuk wants to compete with Big Red, they're going to have to do the following:

1.) drop weight. In a recent 1K shootout in Roadracingworld (the most unbiased of all the other publications), the big Gixx wasn't the heaviest nor the lightest. yet, it had the "heaviest" and slower corner turn-ins.

2.) improve mid-range power and torque. That's what Honda did and that's the most useable power of the entire rpm range. The Zuk will always be competitive with top end with Kawi.

3.) improve the chassis. It's good now, but it could be another reason why the Gixx has a heavier feeling compared to the other three liters.

Back