2009 330 OSD project

beamerman32

Registered
New to the forum, just wanted to share some pics of my 2009 Silver Busa. I also have a Gen I (2005) with a 240 kit. I bought the bike from Honda East out of Toledo. Being an Airman stationed overseas, they made the purchase extremely easy and probly one of the best prices around, so BIG props to Honda East. I had started ordering all the parts shortly after the bike arrived. Here is a list of a few things I am having done...

330 OSD kit -- purchased from Jack at RCC sportbike
....the experience was not the greatest, but the price could not be beat..you get what you pay for and I will leave it at that..

chrome....
triple tree
grips
levers
rear sets
wind screen
fork caps
lowering links
RC component Royal II (18 inch front and 17 inch rear)

Second look inner panels from Race Ready..Great guys with excellent customer service.
Power commander V
Full Brock Alien head system (headers back)

Still to come....
steel brake lines
wave front rotors
Air ride

Glad to be apart of a forum that everyone shares the same passion for the greatest bike ever built.:cheerleader:

330 rear.jpg

330 rear 2.jpg

330 rear 3.jpg

330 rear 4.jpg

330 rear 5.jpg

New to the forum, just wanted to share some pics of my 2009 Silver Busa. I also have a Gen I (2005) with a 240 kit. I bought the bike from Honda East out of Toledo. Being an Airman stationed overseas, they made the purchase extremely easy and probly one of the best prices around, so BIG props to Honda East. I had started ordering all the parts shortly after the bike arrived. Here is a list of a few things I am having done...

330 OSD kit -- purchased from Jack at RCC sportbike
....the experience was not the greatest, but the price could not be beat..you get what you pay for and I will leave it at that..

chrome....
triple tree
grips
levers
rear sets
wind screen
fork caps
lowering links
RC component Royal II (18 inch front and 17 inch rear)

Second look inner panels from Race Ready..Great guys with excellent customer service.
Power commander V
Full Brock Alien head system (headers back)

Still to come....
steel brake lines
wave front rotors
Air ride

Glad to be apart of a forum that everyone shares the same passion for the greatest bike ever built.:cheerleader:

Are you installing the OSD Assembly yourself?

Can you tell me the price if you go stoc lenght 330 .

Like I said above, I went through Jack, from RCC sport bikes, formally from Full throttle. He gave me a pretty good deal, $5900 for the complete kit. He upgraded the front rim to a 18. I also purchased the Brock Alien Head, full system for $800. I don't know if the length of the swingarm made a difference in the price, but he said that he normally keeps the 4 inch over in stock. He's a good guy with a vast knowledge on fat tire kits, I just had a bad experience on getting ALL the parts in a timely manner. Afain, I'mm not on here to bash anyone, but I can say that his prices are hard to beat.

Are you installing the OSD Assembly yourself?

I'm not. I am a military member overseas, so I don't have a garage to do the work myself. It does not look that hard though. I am in Germany and the mechanics over here are not that bad. I went over some things with my machanic and watched a few youtube clips.

I purchased this kit last July. My parts weren't sent out 'till October. Our shipping overseas normally takes about 7 days, this is for most of the things ordered from the States. Once I received the first box I realized that he didn't send a chain. I didn't recieve everything until November, or at least I thought I had everything. I started the project about four weeks ago and when my mechanic was putting the rear rim and axle on he realized that the spacers were missing. I had to wait about another two and a half weeks to receive them. If you look at the pictures you will see that the spacers were missing in those pictures above. I am hoping that the bike is put together this week so I can put some updated pictures up.

How much did the 330 osd kit cost you?

Swingarm, tires, wheels, osd kit...the entire fatty setup without all the extras you bought like exhaust & stuff?

Nice to see a bike that was purchased from us make it to the board. Welcome!!

Just got back from my mechanics and just when I thought all was well, the spacers that Jack from RCC sports sent did not fit. The axle couldn't go through the spacers and the spacers had wiggle room in the rim.

Can anybody out there with 330OSD experience answer a question for me, is the axle suppose to have wiggle room inside the rim without the spacers in it. I am just confused that these little spacers are suppose to hold up the weight in the rear. Now I got to make another phone call tonight to good old Jack. Also the chrome sprocket I got started flakeing as soon as the bolts where screwed in. Quality of the chrome. You just hope when you spend this much money that you recieve quality parts or at least all the parts you need to complete the modifications.

Just got back from my mechanics and just when I thought all was well, the spacers that Jack from RCC sports sent did not fit. The axle couldn't go through the spacers and the spacers had wiggle room in the rim.

Can anybody out there with 330OSD experience answer a question for me, is the axle suppose to have wiggle room inside the rim without the spacers in it. I am just confused that these little spacers are suppose to hold up the weight in the rear. Now I got to make another phone call tonight to good old Jack. Also the chrome sprocket I got started flakeing as soon as the bolts where screwed in. Quality of the chrome. You just hope when you spend this much money that you recieve quality parts or at least all the parts you need to complete the modifications.

We need BigRod back for fat tire questions!:please:

We need BigRod back for fat tire questions!:please:

You can say that again, has he left the forum?

I just got off the phone with M 43 Powersports (RCC sport bikes) Still trying to get in touch with Jack. Has anyone else on here done buisness with them. I don't think I can be anymore patient than I have been. I mean, I ordered this stuff in June 2010. Be in the military overseas is tough when you are trying to have a little bit of home on the streets of Europe. I'm gonna try and contact Roaring Toyz now and see if there is anything they can do for me.:please:

Now I just got off the phone with Brad from Roaring Toyz. Bad news is that he new of the issues with these spacers. I guess this whole aftermarket buisness is a close community. I got to say that my discussion with Brad was pleasant, although I am still out of parts. At least he was honest and straight forward. Customer service goes a long way.

You can say that again, has he left the forum?

I just got off the phone with M 43 Powersports (RCC sport bikes) Still trying to get in touch with Jack. Has anyone else on here done buisness with them. I don't think I can be anymore patient than I have been. I mean, I ordered this stuff in June 2010. Be in the military overseas is tough when you are trying to have a little bit of home on the streets of Europe. I'm gonna try and contact Roaring Toyz now and see if there is anything they can do for me.:please:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/141280-bigrod1300-family-need-our-prayers.html

Back