2008 turn signal relay location

erikm12

Registered
Hi,

I'll post this here under gen 2 instead of elec mods so I won't get any gen 1 advice.
I need to know which one is the flasher relay and if possible which two wires do I need for the new relay. Ohmslaw's write up was outstanding and that is what I was going by till I found my bike and his pics didn't match up.:banghead:
Diff years, I now look at the sig on stuff to see which gen it apply too......Thanks for the help... Oh and I scoured old posts and the manuel, both to no help .

Still looking and trying to trace it down with a wiring diagram.....better if someone knows firsthand though:whistle:

I'm not sure on the wire colors being correct, but the lcoation of the flasher and wires (that you pull out from the stock plug) are definitely correct. Did it to mine with a 552 flasher few weeks ago. I need to use a flasher like his though cause it works for 2 reg bulbs and 2 LEDs. 552 won't work with 4 LED signals.

Still looking and trying to trace it down with a wiring diagram.....better if someone knows firsthand though:whistle:

If you get this figured out, please post some pics as you do it. I have the new flasher and I am waiting for the groupbuy stuff to come through from gixerhp. I have the 2008 as well and need to wire mine up very soon. Good Luck!

Thanks for the replys. dsbunton646 do it just as omslaw wrote it up. His pics are right. Same color wires and everything. The only difference is that there are 3 blocks on a 1st gen and where he put his new relay the 2nd gens already have a factory block there. So I zip tied my relay to some wires. I looked online at some wiring diagrams but they really didn't match up to my bikes wire colors.. so I tried it ohms way, plus what InfiniteReality said helped. Any q's ask. I am pretty good at wiring stuff, but this gave me some problems...shouldn't have:laugh: Oh yeah works great

Last edited:
Use the Gen II Manual Sticky at the top to locate and identify the relay. There are only two wires going to it. Use omslaw write up to remove the connectors. I relocated my relay to the tail because I used the adjustable relay. I have Led's front and back on my Gen II and wanted easy access for adjustment purposes.:thumbsup:

Back