2008 Pc3 & Ecu Will It Fit All Year Gen 2, Or It Changed A Certain Year?

FILT166

Registered
Asking because gen 1s have this issue.
I have a pc3 on my 08 and I am thinking of taking it off with all the other go fast parts and put them onto a newer busa. I guess the newer the better. It has a custom dyno tune on it so I don't want to lose it. If all the years are the same including the ecu I guess I'll keep em both as the ecu has some things done to it also.
So what all years will the pc3 work with or won't work with?
What all years will an 08 ecu work with or wont work on also?

I'm not the expert here, but I can tell you I've switched an 08 and 13 Busa ECU with flash no problem. Both of them run fine with the other ECU. I had assumed that due to the ABS on the 13 they would be different, but that system must be managed with a different computer.

If I were you I would get the custom tune, either from the person who flashed it or by downloading it from the ECU and then it doesn't matter what ECU you use. I also wouldn't bother with a PC3 if I had the flash. If you need the PC3 it doesn't sound like there is much done to the ECU ... so maybe there is nothing to keep from the old bike.

Beside limiters etc removed or adjusted, I think a few timing adjustment also but I could be wrong. The main tune is on the pc3

I run an ECU map that is commonly available and it works fine for me. I have a datalogger and spent quite a bit of time trying to flatten out the a/f ratio at the drag strip and never went any faster. Personally I would recommend getting an ECU map for a similar combination, do the default timing map and limiter adjustments, and any other minor thing you need (shut off 02, PAIR valve, etc) and just go with a flash. I've seen guys get custom tunes and not go any faster than with the map I'm using. The PC3 only controls one set of injectors anyway so it is a compromise solution at best.

Back