2008 head swap on 05

riggsracin

Registered
I might be able to get a really good deal on a 2008 hayabusa head and cams. i know the throttle bodies are differnt but can u just pull the gen1 intake boots and throttle bodies and stuff on them? also if not doesnt the gen2 have ti valves ? are the cams better?

I would like to know this also because if so y not do 08 the throttle bodies as well and just get an 08 airbox then do the ecu/ stator swap sounds like a 1st/2nd gen winner someone please let me know if this would work before I waste time and money or someone comes around with this set up and drives me insane thanks !

Gen2 throttle bodies fitting is different, and i think they are 2-piece casting when gen1 is 4-piece. You could take gen2 head and throttle bodies and put them on gen1 engine, but you need throttle cables, they are different length, on other side. There is also idle adjusting motor and 8 injectors on gen2 throttle bodies, and for that you need gen2 ecu, wiring harness, magneto, camshaft position sensor and offset pin for intake camshaft. I would take the gen2 cams, install offset pin, take out cam gear, switch roller bearing other way around, it differs, install adjustable gears and get few hp whats there. Easiest is to put some hipo parts in what fits straight on.

Back