2008 Hayabusa

Im sorry, but when ever I hear a 150 lb dude talkin about smokin or whippin somebody I just breakout in uncontrollable laughter! To each their own.
rant.gif

(HotRod104 @ May 28 2007,21:31) Im sorry, but when ever I hear a 150 lb dude talkin about smokin or whippin somebody I just breakout in uncontrollable laughter! To each their own.
rant.gif
laugh.gif

LOL thats very true.I just have a hard time beliving that he is a taking out built 1397s with lighter riders,of equal skill that makes no sense to me. A good built 1397 is 200+ hp so that alone with the same length, lighter rider, and good skills would beat a piped stretched stock 14. You must live around one hell of a 1320 strip.

Hey, I thought you had to at least weigh 200lbs to post on this site?
wow.gif

I'm confused, both bikes are fast. 13.5 is such a small bit faster i don't see the fight. I've owned 2 honda's, 5 Suzuki's, 4 Kaw's, 2 Yam's, 2 Can-am, KTM, and a Huski. Granted alot of these were Moto-X bikes, but owned alot of different bikes.

All were great bikes at the time. Don't get me wrong i really like my Busa, and personally have not been happy with 2 of the 4 Kaw's i owned. But why all the H8ing?

most of the liter bikes will if not own us stock it's close enough to just be the driver that wins. till you get to top speeds.

People all talk sh*t. the 3 things men lie about how fast there car goes (bike in this point) how much the can bench, and how many girls they have had.

You get 10 Busa's and 10 13.5's all next to each other and i'm willing to bet your not going to have 10 13.5 all win. it's going to be some of each, mainly the 10 best riders no matter which of the 2 bikes there on.

(NightCrawler @ May 28 2007,01:24)
(1300hemibusa @ May 27 2007,20:06) A lot of IFs and could haves ...What if Kawi ups the cc to 1399 for 08 to takes out the new busa with 1350 ?
LOL ... like you said ... "IF". What if in '09 Suzuki slaps Kawi with a 1450?

The fact of the matter is Kawi waited 7 years to up the ante. They could have made the ZX-12 into a 1300 back in 2001 when they saw they didn't get the job done in 2000, but they didn't. There's no reason to believe they'll rush into changing the 1400. Also, their 1400 BARELY beats the Busa in acceleration and the only unrestricted test I have seen has the Busa ahead 188.9 to 188.3. That's a 7 year old bike with 7 year old technolgy edging out 7 years of Kawi's R&D. The sad thing is part of the 14's acceleration advantage has nothing to do with the engine. The Busa comes with a 17/40 gear setup while the 14 comes in with 17/41. They needed an extra tooth back there in order to get the edge.
We already went around on the gearing in another topic. 13.5 has taller tranny gears, so has a gearing DISADVANTAGE in the lower gears compared to the Busa, despite the extra tooth out back. But IIRC, it flips around and the Busa is pushing a slightly taller 6th gear ratio.

(HotRod104 @ May 28 2007,18:31) Im sorry, but when ever I hear a 150 lb dude talkin about smokin or whippin somebody I just breakout in uncontrollable laughter! To each their own.
rant.gif
Hey man - don't mess around with Slim...

Guys and Gals

Be sure to check out the August issue of Motorcyclist; we've done a cool 'Busa retrospective and added some extra stuff some of you might find interesting.

Regards,

Mitch @ Motorcyclist

wow...i guess my 250 lbs butt has to appreciate the looks...

Why is this discussion ALWAYS about drag racing? Heck, wont a GSXR1000 take em both in a drag race?

How do they handle on a track? Thats where the meat is to me.

I have taken two highly scientific polls and the Busa wins because......

THE CHICKS DIG IT!
zzwhip.gif

Nuff said...

I can bench 798.453 lbs. I've slept with 528 girls. That's just last year! Oh and my bike can..............................................

Sheesh!

(TheAtomicAss @ May 29 2007,21:59)
(NightCrawler @ May 28 2007,01:24)
(1300hemibusa @ May 27 2007,20:06) A lot of IFs  and could haves ...What if Kawi ups the cc to 1399 for 08 to takes out the new busa with 1350 ?
LOL ... like you said ... "IF". What if in '09 Suzuki slaps Kawi with a 1450?

The fact of the matter is Kawi waited 7 years to up the ante. They could have made the ZX-12 into a 1300 back in 2001 when they saw they didn't get the job done in 2000, but they didn't. There's no reason to believe they'll rush into changing the 1400. Also, their 1400 BARELY beats the Busa in acceleration and the only unrestricted test I have seen has the Busa ahead 188.9 to 188.3. That's a 7 year old bike with 7 year old technolgy edging out 7 years of Kawi's R&D. The sad thing is part of the 14's acceleration advantage has nothing to do with the engine. The Busa comes with a 17/40 gear setup while the 14 comes in with 17/41. They needed an extra tooth back there in order to get the edge.
We already went around on the gearing in another topic.  13.5 has taller tranny gears, so has a gearing DISADVANTAGE in the lower gears compared to the Busa, despite the extra tooth out back.  But IIRC, it flips around and the Busa is pushing a slightly taller 6th gear ratio.
doesn't the extra horsepower make up for the disadvantage though.

My brothers friend heard from a guy that once met the assistant to the Busa designer. He tells me we should expect the boldest new graphics ever to grace a Hayabusa.

(IScream @ May 31 2007,16:26) My brothers friend heard from a guy that once met the assistant to the Busa designer.  He tells me we should expect the boldest new graphics ever to grace a Hayabusa.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Heeeeeeeeeeeere we go !!!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back