2008 hayabusa summer of 2008

GPW

Donating Member
Registered
Should have read 2008 Hayabusa Summer of 2007..

This was posted on a ZX14 site. Anyone else see a MCN issue with this info?

"Just read a copy of my local MCN and on the front cover is a picture of an all new Hayabusa for 2007.

Supposedly Suzuki is bringing this bike forward for summer 2007 from an original plan of 2008 release. They must be worried about the Kwaka bigtime as they freely admit their sole goal is to break 200bhp on a production bike.

Wish I had the pic as I could post it here. It doesnt look much different to the old bike just some new colours, radial brakes, re-styled back end and different exhausts.

Oh yes and it is supposedly sport oriented and so should handle better with all new suspension and aluminium frame.

Could the ZX's reign be short?"

Sounds good..honestly its what I expected, especially the brakes.

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156977085 -->

rock.gif

I hope he's not reporting on the old pics MCN trolled around about a year ago with the photoshop pic. MCN is the national enquirer of the Internet! Wonder if it looked something like this?

5942932.jpg

Did I miss something and the ZX-14 beat the Busa out as fastest. It may be quicker but I think the Busa still reigns as the fastest. Correct

Did I miss something and the ZX-14 beat the Busa out as fastest.  It may be quicker but I think the Busa still reigns as the fastest. Correct
Yes, that is correct. ZX14 is the most powerful but it still was not able to go faster then the Busa.

We should have a new secion for new Hayabusa speculation. It seems we are getting these posts about once a day. I dobut we will see anything before late 2007 for an 08 model.

Did I miss something and the ZX-14 beat the Busa out as fastest.  It may be quicker but I think the Busa still reigns as the fastest. Correct
Yes, that is correct. ZX14 is the most powerful but it still was not able to go faster then the Busa.

We should have a new secion for new Hayabusa speculation. It seems we are getting these posts about once a day. I dobut we will see anything before late 2007 for an 08 model.
Since I have both bikes and both will be derestricted and I have GPS. I will let you guys know in about two weeks. But I am more concerned with handling, brakes and street riding versus the land speed stuff. I'll use DJ "sageronin" if he will help and we will run some test on a closed road of course, since we weigh the same. Should be fun. Both bikes will have Tsukigi pipes and custom maps. Since nobody rides a stock bike on the street.

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156984890 -->

I already said that Suzuki would lay back and let the 14 have some fun for one model year... then Suzuki would unleash the next generation Busa for 08....

I think I'm right... but time will tell.

What "gets me" is why Kawi didn't just unleash a monster bike that would seriously blow all others away! They didn't! They just put out a new bike that could merely "keep up" with the Busa! Totally lame, imo! And the 14 is ugly! It looks like my old Katana 600!

I think in 08 Suzuki will unleash a new, more powerful, Hayabusa.... and take every "test" back! But the funny thing, now, is... Suzuki still stands strong next to the 14 even though Kawi had over 8 model years to create a bike that could "keep up"!!!!!

I'm a Suzuki rider for life.... no if's ands or buttocks!!!!

<!--EDIT|PaNDeM1C
Reason for Edit: "fixed a typo"|1157008537 -->

I already said that Suzuki would lay back and let the 14 have some fun for one model year... then Suzuki would unleash the next generation Busa for 08....

I think I'm right... but time will tell.

What "gets me" is why Kawi didn't just unleash a monster bike that would seriously blow all others away! They didn't! They just put out a new bike that could merely "keep up" with the Busa! Totally lame, imo! And the 14 is ugly! It looks like my old Katana 600!

I think in 08 Suzuki will unleash a new, more powerful, Hayabusa.... and take every "test" back! But the funny thing, now, is... Suzuki still stands strong next to the 14 even though Kawi had over 8 model years to create a bike that could "keep up"!!!!!

I'm a Suzuki rider for life.... no if's ands or buttocks!!!!
Yea, they had 9 years to R&D a busa beater. The best they could come up with is the ZX14!!! If I was Suzuki I wouldn't change a thing until someone really blows my socks off or sales drop. Niether has happened.

Wow, there are some strong feelings here. Personally I could give three craps what pulls up next to me at a light or what a magazine says about a bike. I know, I can ride and honestly thats all that matters to me. No stress here, just riding for the fun of it, sometimes too fast and that will catch up to me one day in a bad way. It helps to be sitting on a power house (Hayabusa or ZX)but that is just the half of it...

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157024703 -->

Back