2008 Hayabusa Orange and Black Prices

I don't see how $11,300 otd the door for a new 09 is bad.??? You'de pay at least a grand more otd for a 2011. Which is identical aside from color, and if anything the 09 may be a little cheaper on taxes and insurance because technically, it's 2 years old. To me, that's a good thing. Especially if you like 09 colors better.
Some people just don't understand.

brand new and what year??

No no, not new. It was slightly used, just over 1k miles. Gen II

Prices will start to rise as the riding season is right around the corner, but as less bikes sell and people who thought they were going to sell the bikes easily will start to get desperate. They'll fall once again. Happens every year.

If I buy another new bike Im going to see Justin...Honda east folks are good peeps bought my wife's 1000 there and would go back again...although its a loooong drive from MD :laugh:

i bought my 08' orange/black in june of 08'. i paid 10,411 otd. smokin deal at the time. glad i pulled the trigger when i did.:cheerleader:

If I buy another new bike Im going to see Justin...Honda east folks are good peeps bought my wife's 1000 there and would go back again...although its a loooong drive from MD :laugh:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is quite the drive but if you're saving the money, it's well worth the trip.

On a side note, I was lucky enough to pick up my 08 with low miles from my work here. We took it on trade from a local Harley shop. I paid $8200 OTD for mine :whistle:

I've been talking back and forth with a guy today that's selling his 08 orange/black with 1700 miles. He's asking $8500 for it and I can get him to budge. The bike is completely stock.

Do you guys think this is the right deal? My thinking is that although this is basically a brand new bike, for $8500 I can get a low mile 08/09 that already has pipes and other mods that I dont have to pay for.

Opinions need asap.

i guess it depends on how much you can get him to go..the other guys are saying you could get a new one with 0 miles for alittle more then that

I've been talking back and forth with a guy today that's selling his 08 orange/black with 1700 miles. He's asking $8500 for it and I can get him to budge. The bike is completely stock.

Do you guys think this is the right deal? My thinking is that although this is basically a brand new bike, for $8500 I can get a low mile 08/09 that already has pipes and other mods that I dont have to pay for.

Opinions need asap.

I'd offer him $7500. If he doesn't take it, then leave it be. He'll came back in a few days to say ok. That is unless he was one of the many who decided to pay $39 a month for a year or two and still owes $8500 on the bike.

Guy just called me and told me he would take $8200 for the black and orange with 1700 miles....

I am impressed he came down on that deal (I wouldn't have). I think $8500 would be a really fair deal. However, I am a love of the Orange/Black and the White 09. Sometimes I will pay a little more to get what I want. I bought my 2008 Orange/Black for $7000, however, it had 9300 miles and had been down on one side. So for $350 bucks, my buddies shop repaired and painted it and it was like new. Before I bought mine, I had talked to a dealer numerous times about a brand new White 09 they had and they never moved beyond $10,700, but that was Summer of 2010. Here in Colorado, Gen II's are so damn rare, that people can't afford to NOT pay it. We call it the Colorado rip off tax. All bikes, cars, boats, and toys are more expensive here because of the lack of them plus the high deman. Shipping from another state or a plane ticket and a ride home is just not worth the difference. Since then, I have totally customized it to my taste and liking. I suppose after all I have done, I would ask $8800 the way it is now. I do own the title free and clear, so I have the time to wait and no want or need to get rid of it. If you find a fella who needs to move quick to make sure those bills are paid, you could score. I always say be patient and just wait for the right deal to fall in your lap. I have had another local dealer offer to buy it, but before hearing a number from his mouth, I told him, Not a chance. Sometimes peoples haste and desires make them pay more than they should. But I also believe in a fair value for the seller.

Kevin

i bought my 08' orange/black in june of 08'. i paid 10,411 otd. smokin deal at the time. glad i pulled the trigger when i did.:cheerleader:

I hear you bro! I got my for $10,500 otd...now they want 2-3k more for the exact same bike? Who cares if it's '11 doesn't justify the increase for the same bike! I hope cheesburgers don't go up this year lol.

I goy my 08' as a left over in may of 09' I went to buy the white 09 but they gave me a price of $10,300.00 otd for the left over black and orange 08'. So I bought it and after a few days liked it better than the white one. That was a smoking price because bike prices here in Arizona stay high all year since we have year around riding weather.

I think that is a good price from what I been finding. Heck people are wanting 6-7000 for beat up GEN1 with 10 to 20000 miles and say they are getting that price so 8000 for a Clean low miles Gen 2 sound good to me

Acutally the guy with the orange/black with 1700 miles got upset with me because he thought I bought another bike ???... I sent him a text explaining I was still interested in checking it out, but he responded with "the bike is not for sale... to you" The guy sounded like he was bitter over a breakup or something.

Anyhow, on to the next one.....

Back