2008 hayabusa oil isnt going up

Neco

Registered
Hi everyone, iam new and proud gen2 hayabusa owner, bike leveled to ground on rear stand and idling oil wont go up even bike wormed up, its visible from the oil window, stays down untill i revv it up to 7k rpm and than sucks the oil up, cut the revv and oil comes back down, is this normal for hayabusa? I have owned different bikes and all of them was smoothly sucking the oil up 10-15 seconds after the engine start. Please inform me, thnx alot

So the oil window is full while the bike is running correct ? If so the odds are its overfilled with oil .
If the oil pump was not working it would be making all kinds of noise before engine seizure .

So the oil window is full while the bike is running correct ? If so the odds are its overfilled with oil .
If the oil pump was not working it would be making all kinds of noise before engine seizure .
C10 yes it is correct, but also engine cold bike leveled oil level is up to f mark , it isnt overfilled, there arent any bad noise nor overheating, bike runs just fine

Is the oil pressure light coming off? That's generally a good indicator something is wrong as people don't generally watch the oil window. I only look at mine to check the oil not to see it go down when it's running.

Watch the video provided by our resident You Tube expert RedBull and provided by c10's garage...maybe that will shed a bit of light on your perceived issue.

Edit-I forgot to mention-if the oil is over-full, it will build pressure in the engine and you will notice oil in the engine vent going to the air box

Last edited:
little help - there is a little bubble seen in the oil window even after leaving motor off for 10 minutes and bike is really vertical ?
yes like in the video? level ok
not? too much oil.
then it is (bike in vertical position) to be drained and after that filled new correctly. (arround 3.3 l / a bit less than 1 gal)

and
if you have a rear lift like in the video use it for getting the bike in vertikal (if ground is horizontal ;-) )
okay the level in the window is a bit non - horizontal, but this only is a cosmetic matter .

Oil amount varies. In this photo there is 1 US
Gallon in the bike . Why is it Low or mid range you may ask . I allow the bike to drain 48 hours with no plug ,and a oil cooler line disconnected.
Spec is 3.5 quarts with filter change ,but engine over haul is 4.2 us quarts .
Even though I did not over haul the engine drain the lines ,and cooler allow more fresh oil to the motor.

20191116_072416.jpg

20191116_072403.jpg

if oil level doesn´t go down / the bubble does not get much bigger at motor running the oil pump doesn´t work and the lamp in the meter will show it.

It's not a bubble. You are looking at the actual oil level in the crankcase with the motor off. When you start the motor, the oil gets picked up by the clutch and gears and the level of the oil appears to go down. When you stop the motor, the oil drains down into the crankcase and the oil level comes back up in the sight glass. As long as the level is correct when the engine is off with the bike held level it is good.

If your oil light is on you have a problem of course.

Hi everyone, iam new and proud gen2 hayabusa owner, bike leveled to ground on rear stand and idling oil wont go up even bike wormed up, its visible from the oil window, stays down untill i revv it up to 7k rpm and than sucks the oil up, cut the revv and oil comes back down, is this normal for hayabusa? I have owned different bikes and all of them was smoothly sucking the oil up 10-15 seconds after the engine start. Please inform me, thnx alot
UPDATE?

It's not a bubble. (...)

:bowdown:;) :)
yes, shure you are 100% right

but for a newbie it might look that way and the starters question sounded to me like a newbie´s question
and i tried to explain as easy as possible (pictorially).

i apologize,
i forgot the marks "..." at bubble in my post. (should be : "bubble")

okay? :)

:bowdown:;) :)
yes, shure you are 100% right

but for a newbie it might look that way and the starters question sounded to me like a newbie´s question
and i tried to explain as easy as possible (pictorially).

i apologize,
i forgot the marks "..." at bubble in my post. (should be : "bubble")

okay? :)
I got it first time. Hope you didn’t burst his bubble.:laugh:

Back