2008 hayabusa front sprocket

mister08busa

Registered
is there anyone here running a 17/43 sprocket combination on a 2008 hayabusa if so how is it pullin on top end i know it makes it snappy out the hole.Can u really feel the mph fall off on top. just curious im thinking about trying that set up but dont wanna lose a whole lot of top end power

check out gearingcommander.com great site, but people with experience can tell you about the actual performance.

I have 18/46 now(gen2), I tried 17/43 and 17/46 as well.
I personally don't like 17 or lower on the front on a Busa. It makes it feel more like a 1000, faster revving with less torque.
The 18/46 feels like it has alot more torque. Neither 17/43 or 18/46 "feel" as if they have lost alot of top end. Either should make low 170s possible.
-1 front = +3 rear is true on paper only too. The real world feel is much different. As the -1 front is not able to make as much use of the available torque.
Try drag racing a stock wheelbase Busa with 17/43 and it'll be easier to keep the front end down than 18/46.
I've ran alot of gearing combinations on alot of dirt and sport bikes over the years too. So I'm not just spouting info I read on the internet somewhere.:beerchug:

say you'll lose or gain all the torque you want it wont show on any e.t. just everyones butt dyno is different. you wont lose any top end power, bike will pull harder to your top speed which will be lower.

I assume you are not ECU Editor unrestricted. Out of curiosity, what RPM was it turning when the limiter kicked in?

He's a big heavy guy too, that's what's making the difference.
I think 197mph is capable on an unrestricted gen2 with 18/43, but of course that's with perfect conditions and a rider that can tuck in well and is not excessively heavy.:beerchug:

I'm 5'10" and 195lbs in leathers, I've gps'd 186mph(before removing restrictions in ecu editor, haven't tried since), and that was a roll on, so not a standing mile.

say you'll lose or gain all the torque you want it wont show on any e.t. just everyones butt dyno is different. you wont lose any top end power, bike will pull harder to your top speed which will be lower.

You are correct, and I said "Feel". Your et's would be better with 17/43 than 18/46 though, just because you'll have an easier time keeping the front down and staying in the throttle(stock wheelbase).:beerchug:

x-tre
brocks alien head
pc5
gixxer 1000 velocity stacks
brock ultra clutch mod
air box ram air seals
k@n air filter
brocks rear lowering link
brock triple tree
vortex 43 sprocket
ngk spark plugs

and i run 89 non ethanol gas in it. i mean it runs good now i can bury that needle in no time like a mile or so it doesnt take long. :thumbsup:i race 1400s all the time and from a second gear roll i will let it jump out at least one bike just to see can i pick him up and by the time i hit fourth gear i be going around them and pulls off everytime.i just might need to leave well enough alone.:laugh:

You are correct, and I said "Feel". Your et's would be better with 17/43 than 18/46 though, just because you'll have an easier time keeping the front down and staying in the throttle(stock wheelbase).:beerchug:

17/43 will make the wheelbase slightly longer. which is my most race guys go that route. has nothing to do with torque.

I assume you are not ECU Editor unrestricted. Out of curiosity, what RPM was it turning when the limiter kicked in?

I dont know I dont have a memory recall on my tach. Its factory which I believe is 10.2K in 6th.. I tried it a few times and consistently cut out at 172. With the 43 it GPS'd 188 stock when I bought it.

17/43 will make the wheelbase slightly longer. which is my most race guys go that route. has nothing to do with torque.

It has everything to do with torque(Correct on wheelbase also).
Obviously hp/torque are unchanged, but how many teeth on the drive sprocket determines how well available torque can be used. You will be revving higher with 17/43 than 18/46 to accomplish the same/similiar mph.

true because i have a buddy that has a 07 busa and hes one down in the front and it bangs out quick.i think im just gonna chill with my set-up cause like the way it pulls out the hole and seem like it never stop pulling on top end.But i can honestly say every since i have put those gixxer 1000 velocity stacks it run real hard on top

My 18/46 pulls just as hard from 152-172 as it does from 102-122MPH
I don't feel any less top end pull with the +3 on the rear. Just cant hit 185+ until its derestricted which I am in the process of now, just ordered a GEN GPS to modify:thumbsup:

It has everything to do with torque(Correct on wheelbase also).
Obviously hp/torque are unchanged, but how many teeth on the drive sprocket determines how well available torque can be used. You will be revving higher with 17/43 than 18/46 to accomplish the same/similiar mph.

:rofl:

Laugh all you want from your keyboard.
I'de love to know how much you've actually ridden a motorcycle, let alone with different gearing.

i'd laugh right in your face just the same there tuff guy. you always say this same stupid nonsense about it changing the torque when you have no idea what you talking about. 18/46 will turn more rpm to go the same speed youre dead ass wrong. just because youve wasted your money on a bunch of sprockets doesnt mean youve figured out what the rest of the motorcycle world doesnt know. what you said made any sense at all people would ride with a 19 or 20 front sprocket and a 48-52 rear. that would make the chain longer, wheelbase shorter, and cause more drag from all extra weight. go ahead making your own reality, ill keep use my torque loss sprocket combos and laughing at you

i'd laugh right in your face just the same there tuff guy. you always say this same stupid nonsense about it changing the torque when you have no idea what you talking about. 18/46 will turn more rpm to go the same speed youre dead ass wrong. just because youve wasted your money on a bunch of sprockets doesnt mean youve figured out what the rest of the motorcycle world doesnt know. what you said made any sense at all people would ride with a 19 or 20 front sprocket and a 48-52 rear. that would make the chain longer, wheelbase shorter, and cause more drag from all extra weight. go ahead making your own reality, ill keep use my torque loss sprocket combos and laughing at you

I never said torque changes. It's the ability to make best use of it. Why else would you change gearing? Of course the redline stays the same and the bike can't be revved higher.
Why are you the only one challenging the statement?
Continuing to go with larger sprockets obviously becomes impractical due to size and weight, of course there is a limit. The same is true going smaller, until the diameter is too small.
Why don't you answer my question too? What IS your bike experience? Can you back up your paper claims with real world experience? I doubt it.
You always show up in various threads with your input, which you assume is never wrong.
I've also seen you quietly disapear when you are proven wrong by a 3rd party.
Show me what you can do with a bike. It's hard to when you never ride and it looks pretty in the garage isn't it? How many have you owned? How many have you changed gearing on? How many have you compared time slips with? How many have you wheellied and noticed the differences from gear changes?
Few to none I'de bet.
As I've said before, just because 2 gear ratios are the same on paper does not mean they perform the same in the real world.
You can keep your opinion and condesending attitude out of my posts and responses in future, and we'll agree to disagree. If you had a better attitude maybe more people would be willing to discuss things with you.:thumbsup:

Back