2008 Gsxr 1000 Wont Start. Need Help !!

This is my boy 2008 Gsxr 1000. Very Strong running bike . Bike only has 11,000 miles on it. Never had issue out of it and taken care of. His bike won’t start. He’s trying to figure it out. What happened was he was riding and he was making a turn , and his kickstand hit the ground and bounced up. Then the bike stalled out on him. Like when he turns the bike on. All the lights come on, fuel pump comes and everything . But the bike wouldn’t even turn over when he hits the start button. Any suggestions?. Anything would help. We’re trying to get it back running before March Bikeweek next month. ASAP. I’m not sure if I’m aloud to post and asking questions about this one 1K in particular on Hayabusa form. Just trying to help a friend. You guys helped me before with my bike. I have a 99 Busa . If not I apologize.

DF6805AD-48BB-427C-8E56-8AB217C8FA52.jpeg

Mr. Brown is right. And stupid as it sounds don't forget the rocker switch on the right bar. Easy to flip. And the last thing you'll think about. I almost missed a round at the track because some A Hole flipped it as he walked by thinking it was funny. All those will give the results you're getting.

This is a gxsr1000. My bet is tip over switch. If the stand was down and you launched it some when you hit it, i bet it got triggered. I could be wrong though. Did the ear on the stand get bent or cracked and is not connecting? Test teh kic stand switch with ohm meter.

Mr. Brown is right. And stupid as it sounds don't forget the rocker switch on the right bar. Easy to flip. And the last thing you'll think about. I almost missed a round at the track because some A Hole flipped it as he walked by thinking it was funny. All those will give the results you're getting.

Seen a guy in the day of kickstarters trying to start his XS650 Yamaha. He was kicking and kicking until he was totally exhausted, I walked over to help and immediately noticed the kill switch was off. He launched into a fit of profanity that was almost too funny to not laugh.

Once he caught his breath, it started on the first kick...

Long story for saying it can be the dumbest, simple thing

Thank you bro

This is a gxsr1000. My bet is tip over switch. If the stand was down and you launched it some when you hit it, i bet it got triggered. I could be wrong though. Did the ear on the stand get bent or cracked and is not connecting? Test teh kic stand switch with ohm meter.
Oh okay, I’ll have him check that tip over switch. And well the kickstand is cut really short. Because the bike is lowered. And everything is coming on , and fuel pump is priming. But it’s not turning over

Seen a guy in the day of kickstarters trying to start his XS650 Yamaha. He was kicking and kicking until he was totally exhausted, I walked over to help and immediately noticed the kill switch was off. He launched into a fit of profanity that was almost too funny to not laugh.

Once he caught his breath, it started on the first kick...

Long story for saying it can be the dumbest, simple thing
Lol that’s crazy

Lol true, we gotta it fixed. I helped him figure it out. When he pull that clutch lever in. I didn’t hear it clicking with clutch assembly switch . And I told him bro you supposed to be hearing a clicking nose when you pull that clutch lever in. So he adjusted his lever thing and put it on 3 and we heard the click, turned the bike on and pressed that start button . And it cranked right up.

9C78F074-61E9-4C36-A0E9-F51F964B130E.jpeg

Lol true, we gotta it fixed. I helped him figure it out. When he pull that clutch lever in. I didn’t hear it clicking with clutch assembly switch . And I told him bro you supposed to be hearing a clicking nose when you pull that clutch lever in. So he adjusted his lever thing and put it on 3 and we heard the click, turned the bike on and pressed that start button . And it cranked right up.

View attachment 1613029
What's ironic is I started to compose a reply yesterday mentioning the clutch safety switch but didn't press reply....I just noticed it after reading your post.

Glad it's sorted out.

Good deal. Glad it was something simple.
Edit: Aftermarket levers will do that sometimes. Weird that it happened when it did, but now you know...

@Yellow09

yes - the damn clutch switch

I have the problem more and more too.
water penetrates or the internal spring becomes lame.

that's why I've been happily installing the hydraulic (brake light) switch for years
thread: M10 x 1.00
costs for the switch here in berlin : 20 €
and you can take for the clutch master every hydraulic switch with that thread.

little hint :
do the same to the brake switch - its construction is 1:1 equal to the clutch´s
BUT : M10 x 1.25

threads of gen1 = gen2 (clutch and brake)

Last edited:
Back