2008 busa vs 2009 gixxer 1000

brandon72396

Registered
I'm looking to buy a bike this spring and I can't deside between the busa or 09 gixxer1k? What does everybody think is going to be the best running bike in the 1/4 mile?

Depends on how you ride it.

Busa is a little easier to ride because of the weight and length.

Depends, what mods are you going to do ? Extended Swing Arm, big rear tire, Engine Work, if so, the 1000 would be the way to go because of weight. If stock draging, I would think the Busa would be better because of the same reason and controlability.

But what do I know :whistle: , I don't Drag, or at least nothing on purpose except my toe sliders :laugh:

You want a heavier bike go with the busa, you want something light that handles much differently go with the 1000. Go test ride a busa then a 1000 and make your decision after you do that.

Around here they won't let you test ride. I have ridden several 1000's but never been on a busa. I have rode the zx-14 but I want a suzuki. I like the 1000's but didn't know which one actually ran better. Is the busa more comfortable than the 1000? Wife may want to ride with me some?

I have never raced a busa or ZX14 from a dead stop (cant launch) with my 1k. I have raced them from a roll on and beat them. I have seen a friend beat ZX14 from dead stop by 6 bikes in a marked out side road 1/4 mile with a 08 ZX10. I think the 09 GSXR 1K will be one bad a$$ bike. Just might be hard to keep the front end down.

+1 on Busa for riding 2up. Pretty much like said above,Both bikes are strong,but it really depends on what you want out of it. I had a friend who rode sports bikes,but never road a Busa until I let him ride mine. Month later He owns one. Busa just has a different riding experience from a 1000.

Both are great bikes. I would see what you can do to ride a Busa. So when you do make that purchase it will give you peace of mind on what you bought.

If you are going to ride 2-up, definately the Busa. If you are into twisties (solo) the 1,000. If you are into drag racing the busa is a better platform for drag mods. I am setting my current Busa up for sport touring.

If you are going to ride 2-up, definately the Busa. If you are into twisties (solo) the 1,000. If you are into drag racing the busa is a better platform for drag mods. I am setting my current Busa up for sport touring.
I agree, the Hayabusa engine is a fantastic platform for perfromance enhancements. How thick is your wallet?:whistle: The Gixxer 750 is a better all around bike for twisties. There are very few people who can ride a Gixxer 1000 to it's limits. So I ask you frankly what what is your riding experience? If you are a new rider, you are fooling yourself to ride either bike.

Last edited:
either one that i get will be stretched at least 6 and dropped prolly 2 inches

If you are going to stretch and drop it, just buy yourself a goldwing. The wing is already stretched and lowered and will probably corner better than the busa or the gixxer after the sex change! :thumbsup:

Tufbusa. I don't know you but -
1. like the sense of humor and
2. am also a GP Suspension fan/junkie

Excuse me for hijacking the thread. Drinking wine with dinner and reckless.
Ziggy

ok, this is simple. Apparently from your posts, you're worried about 2 things...going fast in a straight line and comfort. You're obviously not worried about being able to handle worth a crap because you already stated that you're going to extend it and drop it so with that,straightline speed, and especially comfort in mind I really dont even see why you would even consider a gixxer1000. Both bikes are going to be pretty evenly matched in a straight line but the busa is not doubt going to be a better platform with more aftermarket support for drag racing, and if you're going to be riding two up quit a bit, then a gixxer1000 shouldnt even be on your list. The only real advantage it has over the busa is handling which you'll ruin immediately upon doing the mods you mentioned. Sorry for the long rant but I just dont even see what the dilema is???

Back