2008 Busa still has problems between 5th and 6th

BusaJim08

Registered
I baught my new 2008 Busa on Dec. 22nd 2007 and the new model still has the issues of a false nuetral between 5th and 6th. It seems to accept quick shifting for gears 1-5 but wants a solid hard shift in order to avoid a false nuetral between 5th and 6th. I now have 600ish miles and it still is doing it has anyone with an 08 seen any improvements after the first 1000-2000 miles?
Other than that I love the 2008 Hayabusa
race.gif

I baught my new 2008 Busa on Dec. 22nd 2007 and the new model still has the issues of a false nuetral between 5th and 6th. It seems to accept quick shifting for gears 1-5 but wants a solid hard shift in order to avoid a false nuetral between 5th and 6th. I now have 600ish miles and it still is doing it has anyone with an 08 seen any improvements after the first 1000-2000 miles?
race.gif
New Busa owners everywhere have dealt with this issue. My 01 had the same issue for the first 1000 miles. After that,.........smooth sailing!!! Give her time!!
deadhorse.gif

My '05 had the same problem between 4-5 and 5-6, but it went away somewhere between 900-1,000 miles. Keep us updated.

i have 1100 miles on mine and it has not happened once. now my 03 does every so often. shift like you mean it

race.gif
A riding buddy of mine had that happen right up until he had the 600 mile oil/filter change. He also had a nagging problem shifting the bike into first (experienced rider). He hasn't had any shifting, or false neutral since the oil/filter change.

race.gif
A riding buddy of mine had that happen right up until he had the 600 mile oil/filter change. He also had a nagging problem shifting the bike into first (experienced rider). He hasn't had any shifting, or false neutral since the oil/filter change.
i had some issues getting into 1st also after being in neutral.

My bike only has 170miles on it so i'll give it a little more time.

Thanks for all the speedy replies. This is my 5th bike, but first Busa. I love it and am definately willing to give it some time. I will keep watching the postings.

For years while I rode my 50-60'ish HP Vstar I would have killed someone for a 6th gear. Now that I have 6th gear I can't remember the last time I needed it.

Either way I do recall the false neutral between 5th and 6th but after the break-in period that seemed to go away.

I have an 05 and mine did it until i broke it in. Once i got about 1500 or so miles on it and changed the oil a few times it hasnt done it since.

1600 miles and no shifting problems here.580 miles this weekend.what a ride.bike is more impressive everytime i get on it.gotta love west texas.cruise the century mark for over 100 miles and never see the popo.that makes it fun.
eek2.gif

I've never had this problem on either of my BUSA's. 01(10k-miles) & 03 (3k)...we'll see if my 08 does it...

Back