2008 busa no power higher rpms

lowered97a4

Registered
So ive been having problems a day after i cleaned some rust out of my tank, I notice more in second gear and up if im cruising along in 3rd gear roll on the throttle its fine to about 60 percent throttle then it just doesnt really accelerate after that sounds choked down same goes for all the other gears. So i decided to take the fuel pump assembly out tons of rust in the bowl and the sock cleaned it all out im still getting the same symptoms. Next thing i tried doing was putting a new bosch pump in that i found from one of the threads still the same, ive cleaned all the mirco filters in the injectors checked connections. I have a bazzaz on my bike i disconnected all that still no difference. Im almost thinking my pump is **** but it almost feels like the secondaries are not spraying maybe not enough fuel pressure. I dont have a stock cluster on the bike cant check codes some help in the right direction would be very helpful right now im stumped.
IMG_0917.jpg
[/IMG]

If anyone wanted to know i fixed the issue, took the whole fuel pump assembly back out, took it apart cleaned the inside of the white casing with carb clean blew it out tons of crap came out like mud. So im pretty sure theres a filter in there that was plugged. Problem solved! hope that helps anyone elses issues down the road if they search the forum

Yeah +2 on letting us know your fix:beerchug:
Many newbs come here asking for help, they recieve it and ya never hear from em again.

Awesome that you provided the fix to this problem so other may learn from it.

OMG - I just noticed that the OMG portion of my powerband just went soft, I thought it was wheelspin @ first.... I'm sure that I have fuel issues, Like my Strom did & I replaced the fuel pump assmembly (or the "very dear" fuel pump assembly:banghead:).
As soon as I run off some gas I will try the clean up approach, or any otrher good Ideas to avoid new fuel pump assembly. I just rolled 24000 over miles and filled up. These bikes should come with a "filler cap screen", I think I'll invent one sometime...

Back