2008 Busa brake light not working

1meanZ

Registered
The brake light on my '08 Busa will come on one time whether I use the front lever or rear lever. Then it wont come on again until I turn the ignition off & turn it back on. Then it comes on one time & won't come on again. Think it's the led board inside the tail light? It's a stock tail light with stock levers. The only electrical mod is a HID head light. Thanks

This is odd. Never had this one before. Did it start doing this after the hid was installed? Does it behave this way when the motor is running?

My guess would be that whoever did the HID install took the power for the HID from the brake light circuit (they wanted a key on,motor not running,constant power supply) and the brake light switches are now affected by the HID's ballast.

I would want to know where the installer got the power supply from (reguardless of this problem). Take out the brake light fuse and see if the HID still works.

Just a guess. :dunno:

RSD.

had the same problem same year bike too and the leds went out inside my tail light would come on but my brake light would only come on here and there.. I tested all the connections had power all the way back to the connector but after that no power to the brake light had power to the turn signals so I just bought a new one no problems since

I installed the HID myself 4+ years ago so I know it's not that. I tested the wires going to the tail light & they're good so it's definately the tail light. Ouch! Those suckers are $200+

I installed the HID myself 4+ years ago so I know it's not that. I tested the wires going to the tail light & they're good so it's definately the tail light. Ouch! Those suckers are $200+

If you want an OEM in great condition pm me your phone number and ill send you some pics.

Start checking your electrical. Unplug the taillight and check and see if it is getting power (or ground) when the brake is activated.

Back