2008 Busa, 3rd bike

Maui251

Registered
This is my 3rd bike and the 1st I've been doing most work on myself. (1st bike I was pretty clueless on even basic maintenance, but luckily it didn't take much to maintain it and had almost ZERO issues. 2nd bike was a Buell that gave me issues from day 1 but always went to a mechanic.) I'm an aircraft mechanic so I have plenty of mechanical aptitude and ability, but only recently started working on bikes, mostly helping friends with their Harleys.

History and aftermarket parts:
When I bought this bike almost 2 years ago, it was a grudge bike that had the racing motor removed and stock motor put back in. Had a flashed ECU, R1 wheel conversion, full voodoo sidewinder, and a swingarm that was a mile long, and anything that was excess weight was removed Since I've had it I've put a macintosh swingarm that's not quite as long, full Brock's alien head, and just recently went back to stock wheels (due to the issues I was having with fitment of the braking system), installed PC3, and secondary butterflies were removed. This past thanksgiving i disassembled much of the bike for cleaning, paint, and off-season maintenance. Decided to reinstall secondaries among reassembly.

Future mods:
until joining this forum, I didn't even think there were so many different changes you could make to these badass bikes. A 1k tail swap was the only mod I had in mind, I'm sure I'll read about more and decide to do them. I know I would like to do a few things to make it more comfortable for longer rides, but still want the performance once we reach the destination,or for when I ride at home

This is my 3rd bike and the 1st I've been doing most work on myself. (1st bike I was pretty clueless on even basic maintenance, but luckily it didn't take much to maintain it and had almost ZERO issues. 2nd bike was a Buell that gave me issues from day 1 but always went to a mechanic.) I'm an aircraft mechanic so I have plenty of mechanical aptitude and ability, but only recently started working on bikes, mostly helping friends with their Harleys.

History and aftermarket parts:
When I bought this bike almost 2 years ago, it was a grudge bike that had the racing motor removed and stock motor put back in. Had a flashed ECU, R1 wheel conversion, full voodoo sidewinder, and a swingarm that was a mile long, and anything that was excess weight was removed Since I've had it I've put a macintosh swingarm that's not quite as long, full Brock's alien head, and just recently went back to stock wheels (due to the issues I was having with fitment of the braking system), installed PC3, and secondary butterflies were removed. This past thanksgiving i disassembled much of the bike for cleaning, paint, and off-season maintenance. Decided to reinstall secondaries among reassembly.

Future mods:
until joining this forum, I didn't even think there were so many different changes you could make to these badass bikes. A 1k tail swap was the only mod I had in mind, I'm sure I'll read about more and decide to do them. I know I would like to do a few things to make it more comfortable for longer rides, but still want the performance once we reach the destination,or for when I ride at home
Welcome to the org be sure to post some pics of your busa we like those around here. What issues were you having with the r1 rims? I've been wanting to do that for awhile because I don't see aftermarket in my future budget anytime soon since I haven't even been able to afford the r1 wheels and would like to know any issues I might run into before I do spend the money on some.

Welcome to the org be sure to post some pics of your busa we like those around here. What issues were you having with the r1 rims? I've been wanting to do that for awhile because I don't see aftermarket in my future budget anytime soon since I haven't even been able to afford the r1 wheels and would like to know any issues I might run into before I do spend the money on some.
When I bought it, guy was only running 1 front rotor and caliper. When I installed the other side, the 2 parts were making heavy contact. I tried putting extra washers under the rotor to move it out and get clearance, but it would've taken way too many. I'm sure there's a way to fix the issue, but I also needed a few other parts, so selling the r1 wheels was an easy fix and gave me cash for the parts

Back