2008 asking price $11,999 is this good?

Chango

Registered
I've heard that this is the going price. However I wanted to ask you guys how much is fair. Thanks in advance!

If this was from Competition Accessories, run and run fast away. I bought mine from Honda East in Toledo for $10,500...
winkold.gif

See your other thread for more or PM me with any questions...
beerchug.gif

12K is factory suggested price. Doesnt sound too good to me. If Dealer is doing the financing then you have less leverage. If you search and look at the "pinned" area at the top of this forum you will find lots more info.

Welcome if you are new to this group
beerchug.gif

it's going to depend on what region of the country you are in. In Jacksonville Florida I couldn't find anyone who would come much off the 11,999 price. It's all about supply and demand. They don't sit around on showrooms long down here.

I heard from some dealers that Suzuki has cut there deliveries, so if you can find what you want you may have to pay more. Check out bartlesville, ok. I know it is a way to drive to get it but at about 10,500 you won't spend near that in gas.

There are better and worse prices in a variety of places. You might pay a little more from a local dealer which you trust, in an effort to build your relationship.

Very important aspect of a motor vehicle purchase, IMO.

Scar

That wouldn't be bad except Competition Accessories, wanted $11,999 + Tax, Title, License, etc. when I was in there....so FULL MSRP plus additional fees.
sad.gif

Who are they fooling...
thumb_down.gif

hey I got mine right when it came out here in AZ for 12,100 OTD, another dealer got a guy to pay $18,000 for a 08 with all the crap added. So you are lucky you can get that good of a price. Again its the area, see hows much everyone around there got their Busas.

Economy sucks here in Michigan and prices reflect it. My dealer(Bright Powersports in Lincoln Park)had no problem matching the best price in the area which was at Honda Toledo East when I bought mine last December. $10,399.00 which with 6% sales tax and everything but plate(I went with a personalized)worked out to $11,399.00. Showed me his price which was $10,235.00. I buy $1000's in Arctic Cat parts there every winter and the parts manager hooked me up. Go to http://www.cycletrader.com/ to get a feel of the prices in your area and see if your dealer will match it. Worked for me.

By the way, they had an Orange/Black on the floor yesterday.

I had a long talk with the wife and took a look at the current trends and projections of my line of business. It came down to me having to give it another year before I got a new busa! At this point it will make since for me to get a used bike straight up and then go into debt next year. I will say it now I WILL HAVE THAT ORANGE BIKE whent it's all said and done.

I really apprecieate all of your post and suggestions.This site is the best thing goning on the net! You guys answered my questions quickly and completely! I fought a good fight but it would not make since at this time.
argue.gif
Considering my local area is facing huge lay offs and a few business moving out of town. I should wait.

Back