2007 Red Busa, 200 miles, finally with a pic

cedric92300

Registered
well well well,

I have been on this forum for quite some time and I followed everybody advice.
26yrs, rode dirt bikes all my life, last year wanted a first road bike and took it easy and got a sv650 2006 naked, got nice undertail, exhaust and little cool stuff but quickly got bored

Now, I m not going to diss the sv650, it was a great bike with lots of nice power from its v twin and everybody ask me about it but personally I felt like I was ready and mature enough for the next step

SO here we are I didnt go right away for a big bike work my way trough in the canyons, etc...

Two weeks ago, I go to the local dealer and look at all kind of bike, its one of those 3 brand dealership, nothing catched my eyes like the busa, I knew I had to stay under 10000 and didnt really wanted a supersport.

I was after torque and wanted to get to where the power is............... BUSA!!!!!!!!

I looked at the 08, 07 and used and with my intentions and budget I figureout the way the 07 were priced it was a better choice than a used and the 08 was out of the budget

I got a red 07 and at first wanted nothing but black, but all they had was red and blue
and after seeing it in person I really liked that it.

I rode to the dealership with the sv650, 2 hours after drove away with the busa with 1 mile on the odo.

What a difference. I for the next two days put 150 miles of mostly in city and gave it great respect and never tried to open it up

I m not going to go on about the review of the bike as you all know what a busa is and feels like when coming form a 600...

But I got so much trouble from my family. "You dont value your life", your crazy, this is nto the best decision you made. etc...

I tried to tell them that I got the sv650 to get some maturity, they told me that it was an impulsive buy and now again unsatisfied I get the busa

I told them you can actually drive this thing very conservatly in the low rpm with all the torque .
again they told me that I WILL do stupid stuff

SO I am so happy about this bike and plan on keeping it for a very long time ( isnt that the idea, you get the busa and settle the quest for power for once and for all?) and I plan on actually keeping it stock for at least a year....

Anyways sorry about the long intro but this is my sotry of getting my busa , somewhat f up by everybodies reaction,

here a little pics I took from my phone as I know you guys are always asking ( wouldnt want any 12yrs old poser)

bye guye

IMG00046.JPG

it kinda of suck you know, you so Xcited about ths stuff and everybody looks at you like you just started doing crack...
so next week I ll go to the bike show and get some luvvv from the busa guysss.....

My dad wasnt thrilled when I got mine either.........now he has his own!
thumb_up.gif

Welcome to the org. Give the family time, if they got used to you riding in the first place, they will get used to the busa. Just be careful, speed is deceptive on the Bus.

welcome.gif
and congrats on your new bike.
Family will come around in time I'm sure. If you ride sport bikes (or motorcycles in general) your always going to get some doom & gloom occasionaly. People have been predicting my imminent demise for 35 years now, you get used to it after a while.
winkold.gif

Okay-okay-okay....I GOT IT !!!!
super.gif
.......you wanna dissolve all their fears
rock.gif
?........

Just keep returning home SAFE AND SOUND
super.gif
...EVERYDAY !!!...Respect the horsepower you now own...and show them by commanding it "WELL....".....she'll return that respect..."In KIND !!!"........

Some of the sportbike guys at work wonder why I'm so very serious around sportbike safety, gear use, and training...........wouldn't you after you've tasted the terminal velocity a couple times
rock.gif
?...things could get STUPID in a "heartbeat".

Good luck with your new acquisition......half throttle, first year........

super.gif

rock.gif

beerchug.gif
great looking bike.Keeping it stock for a year is smart.Get use to the power at your own rate,no one elses.Because when you mod it,you will have more.Learn what you have there.Don't do no high speed runs until you feel comfortable with it.And most important,be able to see where you're gonna stop.Ride safe
thumb_up.gif

Back