2007 Hayabusa throttle sticks really bad

six2ngq

Registered
I have a 2007 Hayabusa purchased new in 07. I don't ride it much but lately the throttle sticks really bad. It seems to get a little better after the bike warms up.
Any ideas?

:welcome: to the ORG.

have you ever lubed your cables?
also check to see that they are not bound up anywhere. might want to readjust them while your at it, checking for play or slack.
good luck. let us know how it works out.:beerchug:

Have you inspected the throttle linkage and the connections at the throttle body? Have you recently put new grips on it? Is the grip touching the throttle assembly by the kill switch? Welcome to the oRg.

Thanks for the reply.
Is there any special lube you would suggest?
of all the previous bikes I owned I never had to lube the cables. Probably should have

If you go to the trouble of lubing make sure you check all the adjustments, and make sure the throttle bodies / butterflies are clean.

also check the return cable as if that's a little tight the throttle will be stiff

set it with more play and see if that fixes it (a squirt of thin oil will help too)

Hey Im have trouble with my cable I adjusted and when I turn the handle bars to the left the throttle sticky but when I turn them staight or to the right the throttle snaps back fine I lube and adjust them what could be the problem

Hey Im have trouble with my cable I adjusted and when I turn the handle bars to the left the throttle sticky but when I turn them staight or to the right the throttle snaps back fine I lube and adjust them what could be the problem

Sounds like the cables are too tight.

Back