2007 CBR Opinions

My friend has had one since new, and another friend had the 06(same bike). I've ridden them both quiet often and on long and short rides.
It's a Honda, dependable, great machine, does everything well, fairly comfortable for a 1000.
Good power, smooth handling, and like all the 600, 900, 929/954, 1000s, it's a wheelie machine. All of those Honda's are extremely well balanced.
With 2 identical riders(hypothetically), put the CBR up against the GSXR or ZX10 and it'll lose in the 1/8, 1/4, and all the way to top speed. But by such a slim margin, who really cares.
The price is about right too from what I've seen. My friend wants $6k(asking $6500 also)bottom dollar for his red/black 07 with 14k miles so he can get a new 1000.
I wouldn't have any concerns about buying either, if you like it, go for it.:beerchug:

My brothers got a 04 same generation, its a sweet bike ride and handles great and's definately got some balls, compared to the busa motor wise its alot smoother feeling. He's had alot of electrical issues with his over the years, random wires shorting out, stators, starters, random wires disconnecting, i wouldnt blame the bike totally but some of it just seems to be oddly designed in the electrical end.
He's got 6" extensions on his and lowered 1" in the back, micron pipe, k+n, pc3 and a ignition setup. Its no busa but i would take one for the right price:thumbsup:

My brothers got a 04 same generation, its a sweet bike ride and handles great and's definately got some balls, compared to the busa motor wise its alot smoother feeling. He's had alot of electrical issues with his over the years, random wires shorting out, stators, starters, random wires disconnecting, i wouldnt blame the bike totally but some of it just seems to be oddly designed in the electrical end.
He's got 6" extensions on his and lowered 1" in the back, micron pipe, k+n, pc3 and a ignition setup. Its no busa but i would take one for the right price:thumbsup:

Those issues were resolved with the 06/07 model, 04/05 models were the 1st gen and a different bike than the 06/07.
My friends 07 did have the stator fail this year, but it was warranty(had 5yr warranty since he bought it new).

Solid bike, very uncomfortable for me though. Know a guy locally here that has had an 07, wrecked, 08, wrecked twice & now has the 11' Repsol edition which sits in the garage.
Probably a good thing with his lack of riding ability/luck.

My cousin has an 05 Its really nice power is good and smooth. Only neg. it its smokes like its on fire and burns my eyes with the high mount exhaust. He has to watch the oil level.

Back