2007 Busa VS 2004 Mean Streak

street racer

Donating Member
Registered
Was looking at a used car and stumbled across a 2004 Mean Streak at less than half of blue book. Couldnt resist the price so bought it. Finally got to take it on a 40 mile ride yesterday. I always thought my Busa was big, heavy, rough riding, hard shifting but with a dynamite engine that makes up for its shortcomings. After the ride on the Meanie I jumped right on the Busa for a similar ride. HOLY CRAP !!!! My Busa is small, light, smooth riding and smooth shifting. Pays to ride a different type of bike once in awhile to really appreciate what a great bike the Busa is !!!!! Here is a pic of the Meanie as bought and then stripped down. I am going to keep it for a few months but will probably sell it later this year.

meanie (4).jpg

aftermeanie 008.jpg

For a cruiser, they are pretty nice looking. So many cruisers look big and bulky to me, these have better, cleaner lines.

I'm a fan of the multiple bike garage. Not all bikes were made for the same kind of riding. I (obviously) don't ride my Vespa GTS 250 the same way I ride the R6.

I own a Meanie too. Both way different rides BUT Meanies can carve the canyons well. My Meanie drops into turns with ease and I'm a pretty aggressive rider at times.:laugh:

It's not a Busa by a long shot but it's nice to have a bike you can take on a relaxing cruise with your Big bike buddies. I say keep it if you want something different to ride. Nothing like having choices.

Here's mines:

IMG_0623_1.JPG

I had an 03 in silver and it was a fun bike to ride. The vance and hines 2 into 1 pipe with the power commander and air filter really woke it up. Good luck with it.

I hear ya, i dire a sporty 1200 and still trying to figure how the heck is heavier than a busa, when my back hurts the 1200 is dual purpose, lets me enjoy a ride and a heck of a masage teraphy for free:laugh::laugh:

Nice looking bike, but if you want a cruiser that actually handles, you gotta try a Sportster. Sure they get dissed as almost Harleys, but they are light, nimble, and acceptably powerful (at least the 1200s are). The ones with the "standard" mid control footpegs are actually quite fun to ride.

By the way, Street Racer and Twist the Throttle, they are both very very pretty bikes. Much cleaner than so many of the Japanese cruisers.

Back