2007 Busa idle problem

FireMedic

Registered
So I have an 07 Busa with 3k mile, full brocks alien head, pc3, stretched and lowered. I brought my bike to my mechanic who removed and powder coated my triple tree and installed and integrated tail light. After picking up my bike I realized its now idle's in neutral around 16-1800rpm when before I brought it at idle it was around 1250-1300.
Any ideas as to what caused this or how to fix it? I know he disconnected the battery but would that have reset my pc3? I'm using brocks street maps from brocks website.
Also, I checked choke and idle doesn't adjust if I turn handle bars.

It is possible they got the routing wrong on the fast idle cable. Check it over real well, is the fast idle lever engaged or does the idle change when you move the lever?

Thanks for the reply... I checked fast idle and we looked over it all pretty good. The fast idle does engage when lever is pulled down which is why its leading me to the pc3. Gonna try and reset and redownload my map and see if that helps. I can't think of anything else it could be.

I dont know why they would touch the idle, but before you mess with the map, try adjusting the idle down to spec and see what she does. If it stays where it is supposed to all is good. Its the thumb screw on the right side of the TB.

Thanks for the reply... I checked fast idle and we looked over it all pretty good. The fast idle does engage when lever is pulled down which is why its leading me to the pc3. Gonna try and reset and redownload my map and see if that helps. I can't think of anything else it could be.

Thanks for the help I'm just trying to make sure any wiring with the taillight wouldn't have messed with the idle. Ill set te idle in the morning and see how it goes. I also appreciate the genius with the last reply. You make these forums too funny especially with that profile pic.:moon:

Thanks for the help I'm just trying to make sure any wiring with the taillight wouldn't have messed with the idle. Ill set te idle in the morning and see how it goes. I also appreciate the genius with the last reply. You make these forums too funny especially with that profile pic.:moon:

It is possible they got the routing wrong on the fast idle cable. Check it over real well, is the fast idle lever engaged or does the idle change when you move the lever?

I dont know why they would touch the idle, but before you mess with the map, try adjusting the idle down to spec and see what she does. If it stays where it is supposed to all is good. Its the thumb screw on the right side of the TB.

You had already been given two great pieces of advise, I was sort of being the ax handle to the head.

No it was great advice and I appreciate it all and yes you were right. Guess I was over thinking it. Just found it strange that my bike started to idle high all of a sudden with such a simple job done to it. I adjusted the idle and now it's perfect.

No it was great advice and I appreciate it all and yes you were right. Guess I was over thinking it. Just found it strange that my bike started to idle high all of a sudden with such a simple job done to it. I adjusted the idle and now it's perfect.

:thumbsup:

Back