2007 Busa, full Akrapovic...nice..!!

Vindaloobeast

Registered
Thought you might like to see. Full Akrapovic with carbon hexagonal can, BMC filter and pc5..

Busa Power and Torque.jpg

Its a BMC race filter and I used Brocks PAIR blanks on it. Seat of the pants pull is much harder than stock and the bike will wheelie on throttle in second.

Im no expert but Im sure you cant go far wrong with a gen 2 set up the same. Worth noting that I DID NOT do the airbox mod so Im assuming the small dink in the curve is the flapper but you cant feel it at all.

Vindy.

Notice how smooth the curves are. That's what I like about these exhaust's. Had an Evolution on my 02' and I have a Race on my 09'. I just Love em'.:thumbsup:

What you cant see from the graph is the difference it has made to the pull....its really strong. God knows what them turbo bikes must be like cos this thing is barking mental as it is...

My '08 got about 11-12 HP@ 10,000 RPM with the full system.

a gen2 would have 195 rwhp and 112 lbs torque, how do i know because i have that same AKRA full exhaust + ecu editor:laugh:.

184 hp and 108 lbs standard

see pdf
so about 11 hp gain as well...

Im liking that...but for the thread what was the standard pull..?
Both the above guys got 11-12 hp gain...which is also what akro claims here on their website for the same pipe-12.1hp here's the link---> Product <--- actually they claim an increase from 179.5 stock to 188.8 with the pipe which would be a 9.3hp increase, I'm guessing there must be a typo in there though. But a 19hp gain isn't happening without other mods you haven't mentioned, especially on a gen1? Headwork, milled head, cams ect?

Just to clarify, there are no cams or any other engine work on the bike. Brocks PAIR blanks, pc 5, BMC race filter and the pipe only. Airbox is not modded. I have posted the setup graph below...base is standard, middle is all the kit fitted with map supplied with the pc5 and top is custom map. Im really pleased with the result.

07 Busa.jpg

actually you get more hp gain on gen1 as exhausts are very restrictive,

there is also less of a gain with a gen2.

a figure of 170 is what most UK gen1 owners get with the above mods

the small airbox mod will not affect top end, if you want more top end, fit 4 long stacks, but will lose a bit more in mid-range

Thats it for me...its not worth doing the stacks or the airbox mod. Its a road bike although I might shove it up the strip at an event if I go to one.

It pulls like a train and thats all I need but I have considered modding the clutch to take out the back torque limiter.

Back