2007 Black Busa

Freemer

Registered
Hello my name is Tony new to the world of the Hyabusa. My 1st Superbike was the venerable 1989 Katana 1100F which I traded in for a mere sum for a 2007 black Busa with 25K on the OD just last week in Banning CA . I owned the Kat since 1995. It got old and cranky I installed the very LAST Vance & Hinds exhaust left on the planet. Bike was awesome bike but old tech and began to leak from the top end. I put over 2K$$ in that bike and realized it was an antique. I am happy to be a part of this group and hope to learn more. And you can hardly find any mechanic to work on a 30 yr old bike.

The Kat had Tons of issues throughout the years.

I will attach photos of the new ride soon. New Busa has KR Tuned Exhaust - please give feedback on that system. I need to restore/modify the rear end fender "delete to include tail mounted DMV plate (lighted) as required by CA LAW and get rid of the lame combo round LED Turn signals (and brake light) which require a resistor to operate properly ( so the freak flash now...stupid) .. Prev. owner put a licence (unlit) mount on an aftermarket chain guard hence bending the plate to mount like a hmm Harley?? I get a new plate in 90 days.

Prev. owner discarded all the stock items he replaced. I.E Exhaust/Rear Fender - these are not disclosed by any dealer it is up to the buyer to know.

I want to make her shine - Thank you for the welcome

I want the make this bike CLEAN an suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Hello my name is Tony new to the world of the Hyabusa. My 1st Superbike was the venerable 1989 Katana 1100F which I traded in for a mere sum for a 2007 black Busa with 25K on the OD just last week in Banning CA . I owned the Kat since 1995. It got old and cranky I installed the very LAST Vance & Hinds exhaust left on the planet. Bike was awesome bike but old tech and began to leak from the top end. I put over 2K$$ in that bike and realized it was an antique. I am happy to be a part of this group and hope to learn more. And you can hardly find any mechanic to work on a 30 yr old bike.

I will attach photos of the new ride soon. New Busa has KR Tuned Exhaust - please give feedback on that system. I need to restore/modify the rear end fender "delete to include tail mounted DMV plate (lighted) as required by CA LAW and get rid of the lame combo round LED Turn signals (and brake light) which require a resistor to operate properly ( so the freak flash now...stupid) .. Prev. owner put a licence (unlit) mount on an aftermarket chain guard hence bending the plate to mount like a hmm Harley?? I get a new plate in 90 days.

Prev. owner discarded all the stock items he replaced. I.E Exhaust/Rear Fender - these are not disclosed by any dealer it is up to the buyer to know.

Tony
Welcome Tony

Hey Tony,

Welcome to the forum. You came to the right place to learn all things hayabusa and get to know a really nice group of folks. Make sure to post some pictures of your new ride and we’ll be more than happy to help you with whatever info/advice you need. There is also thousands of listing for busa parts on eBay, your local Facebook market and a lot of us have a lot of Things on our spare parts bin that sometimes are sold to other members for cheap, so just post what you need and someone might have one laying around they might be willing to sell for a good price. Replacement parts won’t be your problem with this bike, not that you’ll need many, since these bikes are rock solid.

Welcome, and I'm sure you will notice a huge difference between the old oil boiler and this bike.

As was said, your pocket book will be the only thing getting in the way of doing incredible things to this bike.

Welcome.
If you post pictures of the aftermarket stuff you want to get rid of, you'll probably find some willing buyers here. In the meantime you can get LED bolts for the plate mount you have now, to satisfy the law.
On this board you will find members who's bikes range from bone stock to completely wild. Ask for pics of mods you are considering and you'll get an idea before you buy.

Tony
For the Hyperflash you are better off converting to a digital flasher rather than putting a resistor on. Those things cause so much excess heat and eventually fail.
@omslaw provided a nice tutorial on this about 11 years ago and it can be found here
DIY LED Flasher Mod | Electrical Mods

As far as your plate mount I have a passenger peg bracket that is painted textured black, could use some touching up but if you want it, it is yours as a welcoming gift just cover the shipping. Then get one of the nice stealth custom dynamics frames with the LED's on the inside of the frame for $35 and you are good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the cult! Yes! Another SoCal believer! There's a few of us here, brave enough to ride all year round - yes, even in the winter, ready to split lanes, willing to flaunt non-CARB approved exhausts...

I'm located in Fontana, so if you ever need an extra set of hands, feel free to reach out!

For the Hyperflash you are better off converting to a digital flasher rather than putting a resistor on. Those things cause so much excess heat and eventually fail.
@omslaw provided a nice tutorial on this about 11 years ago and it can be found here
DIY LED Flasher Mod | Electrical Mods

As far as your plate mount I have a passenger peg bracket that is painted textured black, could use some touching up but if you want it, it is yours as a welcoming gift just cover the shipping. Then get one of the nice stealth custom dynamics frames with the LED's on the inside of the frame for $35 and you are good.

I agree, just spend $15 or so for the LED compatible flasher and swap your OEM with it and be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back