2006 zx14 turbo from powerhouse

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
Just got done with a 2006 Kawasaki ZX14 with turbo pistons and a few other tricks.
Fresh off the dyno, less than 7 pounds of boost, tuned by POWERHOUSE . . .

06ZX14MAIN.jpg

06ZX14SPLIT.jpg

Something about that dyno graph looks funky. Arn't HP and torque supposed to cross around 5250rpm on a dyno graph? Maybe some weird correction factor?

Something about that dyno graph looks funky. Arn't HP and torque supposed to cross around 5250rpm on a dyno graph? Maybe some weird correction factor?

The torque and the HP are on two different scales.

The Professor is correct. There is nothing "funky" about this graph at all. If you go through a series of dyno charts, you will see the same thing. It is called "scaling", or in effect, how the printed graph "presents". If the bike being tested went to 14,000 rpm instead of 11,000, the two lines would cross in a different place, because the software would extend the rpm scale out further to accommodate that data. The two scaling axis - hp and torque - will dictate how the final graph looks on paper.

I should point out that although this ZX14 had a Mr. Turbo kit and not an RCC kit, POWERHOUSE replaced the crappy Chinese turbo that was choking this setup with a Comp ceramic dual ball bearing billet wheel turbo from RCC. This Comp turbo will easily make well over 400 rwhp and will only need about 15 pounds of boost to get there. I can tell you not only from being on the dyno, but also from riding this bike on the street that this turbo hits HARD. We had difficulty getting it to hook on the dyno, and it easily blows the rear tire away on the street. This customer will have to pick and choose rear tires carefully and get his suspension to squat better, maybe he can get a FAT chick to sit on the back . . .:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Zee
Are you still using the Mr Turbo wastegate Frank? At 9000rpm the power picks back up on the hp from the gate opening & even picks back up on the torque at 10500rpm. Check for boost creep.

Nice fuel line though

Does the fat chick come with the kit? Can you replace her with an American fat chick like you did the turbo?

BTW: :worthless:

Are you still using the Mr Turbo wastegate Frank? At 9000rpm the power picks back up on the hp from the gate opening & even picks back up on the torque at 10500rpm. Check for boost creep.

Nice fuel line though

This setup is NOT using the internal gate, it is a double-dump pipe with an external Tial gate. I ported the new turbo to match, and I can tell you there is no boost creep. This particular Comp turbo hits hard - like a light switch. It made it difficult to strap down on the dyno and get it to hold. With very slight throttle on the street, this bike wants to blow the rear street tire away. It will be getting a sticky Mickey real soon. This turbo would have been happier above 15 pounds of boost, not unlike many of the latest Comp turbos we have seen lately, they are not as "agreeable" as a slower spooling GT35 or 40 would be. This customer already picked it up, so no pics, sorry!

Yes we do! You drop your bike off for a turbo install and tune and get FREE test rides for the whole year!:laugh:

If you are out of state and can't just drop your bike off, have it shipped, It's what I did , and am very glad I did, POWERHOUSE knows HIGH POWER, they just finished my Busa and I'm very happy with their professionalism , expert knowledge , and of course my power results.

Back