2006 world's most beautiful motorcycle award

Guclu

TurkishRiders.Org
Donating Member
Registered
ImageShack Links Do Not Work Ducati 999R Xerox

The Ducati 999R Xerox and the Ducati Hypermotard were recently honored with the "The World's Most Beautiful Motorcycle" award and several other motorcycles were also honored for their design.

An international panel of judges for the “World’s Most Beautiful Motorcycle†awards met on the last Friday in April, 2006 at Cortile della Seta in Milano, a historic courtyard made available by Banca Popolare Commercio e Industria.

The judges included the artists Heinz Mack, Vittorio Matino and Kenneth Noland, 15 time motorcycle world champion, Giacomo Agostini, the design professor Enrico Fagone, the transportation designer Michael Conrad, the fashion designer Carlo Rivetti, and the journalist Alessandro Giudice.  The jury was chaired by Mr. Bruno Alfieri.

The 26 jurors examined and evaluated motorcycle and scooter models and defined the top aesthetic achievements of 15 European, Japanese and American manufacturers.

After a careful examination, the Jury presented two of the awards to Ducati models.  The award in the “Special Series†category went to the Ducati 999R Xerox and the award for the “Best Prototype†went to the Ducati Hypermotard.

Additional awards went to the MV Agusta F41000 Senna in the street bike category, the Kawasaki ER-6n in the naked category, the Husqvarna TE510 Centennial in the off-road category and the Aprilia Scarabeo 500 in the Scooter category. In addition, the MV Agusta Brutale R and the Harley-Davidson VRXSE Screamin’ Eagle V-Rod Destroyer received special prizes.  The prize-awarding ceremony will take place late May.

32k price tag, but well worth it. All top notch stuff.
I like how you think!

hogger...
bowdown.gif

Yah. Its nice, but did some one say 32 grand? It does not look stock. 32 G's could make one helluva BUSA.

The 999 was my 2nd choice when I was looking for a new bike the busa won. And I have been happy ever since.
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

Well... they are wrong. the most beautiful motocycle on the planet is mine!

No doubt it's a great looking bike, but I think the decals detract from the lines. Better plain, but that's why I have the '05 LE.

999_JPG.jpg

Back