2006 tires with 200 miles on them

BullsEye

Registered
I am picking up a new to me 2006 Hayabusa tomorrow that was never ridden, just sat in a garage. Just 200 miles on the bike.
The owner has flushed the old fuel and changed the oil but the tires are the OEM ones the bike was fitted with. The tread is new, and I can't see any cracks.
Do you think they are safe to ride on for another season?

I would change them out. That is the only thing separating your butt from the blacktop.
Thanks for the reply, I usually err on the side of caution, you have a good point there (and many accident free miles I see!)

I will have to search around the forum to see what tires people are loving on their Hayabusas. I just put Dunlop Q2s on my Duc 999s and love them, but different bikes favor different tires.

I would have to see the tires, but if you're the cautious type I'm sure you've ordered new shoes. $300 might save you a lot, just saying.

I would have to see the tires, but if you're the cautious type I'm sure you've ordered new shoes. $300 might save you a lot, just saying.

True. I will worry everytime I hit a corner until I replace them.
I haven't ordered tires yet, I need to see what brand/model people like on the Hayabusa. I am also thinking of going to 190/55 if anyone has any thoughts I would most definitly appreciate them.

The Q-2's are great tires and I ran them on my 05. Street and track they were very dependable. The 190/55 is just a tad taller than the 190/50, will give you a little bit and I mean a little bit quicker turn in.

Back