2006 stock with rough Idle. Help Please

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Hey folks, I did a search but have not been able to find what we were looking for.

Buddy stopped by this weekend. He has a 2006 STOCK 100% Busa. about 5000 miles on it. It has been idling "rough?" all summer. He just bought it the start of summer here. Bike runs good at speed (if he gets on it and knows we are going ot get on it.:whistle:) But the thing just keeps surging at idle. Like from 900 RPM upto 1500. Plugs have been changed with no change. We had thought about a Throttlebody Sync, but the dealer (I trust them. Friend even) says that is not the problem.
Can anyone give us some ideas please. It is the end of the season for us here so we now have time to play and figure this out.

Thank you in advance for the help. I know we will get help because this is the second greatest place in the Universe. I just do not want to be in the best place quite yet.:whistle:

Dealer schmealer...do a sync, cuz thats what it sounds like to me. Might even try running some injector cleaner?
Easyest fix first, before you start looking for the worset case scenerio..

Yep, I think a sync will help, and he also needs to adjust the throttle position sensor. Dirty injectors will also cause this problem.

Lurch... we have a sync tool... it solves a lot of problems... sounds like a good excuse to come south for the winter. :poke:

Yep, I think a sync will help, and he also needs to adjust the throttle position sensor. Dirty injectors will also cause this problem.

+1 TPS is suspect... particularly if roughness you describe is a distinct surging and loss of power.

Back