2006  GSXR 1000 Swingarm

I'm curious as to why you'd want to put that type of swingarm on a 'Busa; not too many folk want to put such a piece on their bike
dunno.gif

I was bored so I did a little research...very little
smile.gif
. There's an extended swingarm on Ebay that is listed as fitting both the gen 1 Busa and the 2000-2005 Gixxer 1000's 750's and 600's. That guy has 100% positive feedback if that is reassuring...

I'm curious as to why you'd want to put that type of swingarm on a 'Busa; not too many folk want to put such a piece on their bike
dunno.gif
What do you meant by "such a piece" ? That piece is stronger then 10yo Busa SA and Looks way better.
And you have engineering proof of such? If it's for looks, that's cool. If it's sronger, proof is needed as I might be interested...
smile.gif
I do have engineering degree and I don`t have to prove anything. I want 1" shorter SA and looks just a premium.

I was bored so I did a little research...very little
smile.gif
. There's an extended swingarm on Ebay that is listed as fitting both the gen 1 Busa and the 2000-2005 Gixxer 1000's 750's and 600's. That guy has 100% positive feedback if that is reassuring...
That a good one. I think I`ll buy one and let everyone know what required to make it work.

Engineering degree doesn't equate to professsional tests. I have an engineering degree too and I need proof not hearsay or opinions. Show me stress-strain curves, moment of inertia, torsional/and or linear strain, etc. But the idea sounds neat...

Engineering degree doesn't equate to professsional tests. I have an engineering degree too and I need proof not hearsay or opinions. Show me stress-strain curves, moment of inertia, torsional/and or linear strain, etc. But the idea sounds neat...
You can get your proof elsewhere if you need it. I don`t.
whistling.gif
Even previous generation 600 Swingarm will hold just fine. without underbracing. with underbracing it will hold 250-300Hp Turbo with no problem.

New Gixxer swingarm in fact stronger, Suzuki stated that. Just look at the design, all cast aluminum. Busa swingarm extruded aluminum with terrible welding.

That a good one.   I think I`ll buy one and let everyone know what required to make it work.
I posted that to show you that it probably does fit, dimension-wise at the pivot point, not to advise you of one for sale. I read your first three posts and the silence was deafening, so I tried to help.

That a good one. I think I`ll buy one and let everyone know what required to make it work.
I posted that to show you that it probably does fit, dimension-wise at the pivot point, not to advise you of one for sale. I read your first three posts and the silence was deafening, so I tried to help.
I found it on ebay and asked seller to verify fitments.
I understand your point and appreciate your help.

It should be doable, not plug n play but doable. Main concern is pivot axle diameter. It looks like gixer has smaller one.

It looks like you're right about that. A little more research and it looks like the Gixxer pivot bearings are about 3mm smaller in diameter than the Busa's. It looks like you would need to use the Gixxer pivot shaft, bearings, dust seals and spacer.

You can get your proof elsewhere if you need it. I don`t.  
whistling.gif
 Even previous generation 600 Swingarm will hold just fine. without underbracing.  with underbracing it will hold 250-300Hp Turbo with no problem.

New Gixxer swingarm in fact stronger, Suzuki stated that. Just look at the design, all cast aluminum. Busa swingarm extruded aluminum with terrible welding.
View attachment 1592812

it's not going to fit, pivot size and offset are different, link mount size and offset are different. it would be allot of work, and your suspension rising rate would be way off. looks cool though.

Re: 2006  GSXR 1000 Swingarm

Hey guys im new to this site.I woul like to no if u guys got that gsxr 1000 swingarm to work on ur hayabsua? If so can you post some pics??

Re: 2006  GSXR 1000 Swingarm

^ Looks like no, odds are because of too many fitment issues to make it worth while.

PS:welcome:

Back