10.Tamada    Honda

Rossi went down in the first corner....Nakano hit Elias and Elais
hit Rossi and it looked like Rossi was out of the race. Rossi got
his bike going and finished 14th. Gibernau went out
on lap 3, Edwards finished 11th.

Capirossi led wire to wire and ran a perfect race, Pedrosa ran
a great race in his rookie debut. Hayden ran well, but his bike didn't
have enough to challenge the leaders.

I can't believe I forgot all about the GP.. FUGG.

Clocks went forward, an hour here last night.. and I forgot all about it..
sad.gif

Now I'm depressed.................... where is me beer...
sad.gif

sad.gif

Capirossi ran a great race, Pedrosa was pushing him all the way. Loris (Capirossi) had
a 2-2 1/2 second lead and he slowed down mid way to save his tires...he regained
his 2 second lead with a couple of laps remaing
wink.gif

WHOA!!!! IT HASN'T EVEN SHOWED ON TV YET!!!! YOU GOTTA PUT "SPOILERS" SO THAT PPL WHO WANNA WATCH IT WONT GET SPOILED WITH HOW THE RACE ENDS! Crap, now I'm gonna watch the race knowing who's gonna win.
mad.gif

Actually except for the first turn, I thought the race was kinda
wink.gif
boring  
sad.gif
 . Nicky a distant (real distant) 3rd, Edwards waaaaaaaay back and the only high spot (and they never showed him) was Kenny Jr finishing in 8th.

Great race!!

Pedrosa showed even if he weighs 100lbs(
tounge.gif
) he can still go the race distance!

I wished the camera showed more of the battle for third on the final lap
mad.gif
I didn't know if Hayden held on until they turned the final corner! Great start for Hayden, especially since they haven't got the 2006 bike up to race pace yet.

Great race!!

tounge.gif
I'll have to say that little 100 Lb kid looks good. Just hope he can do it in the Heat  
AAAssjani.gif
of the summer. We should find out in two weeks when they race at Qatar  
race.gif

And Hayden, I don't know if it was much of a race since he said he couldn't stay with the leaders, so I presume he just save his tires and went for the points. I doubt he could have been passed ! But, I could be wrong
wow.gif

Now if Rossi would only go down on the first lap in the next two races, then we might actually have an interesting season!

between Rizla Suzuki MotoGP rider John Hopkins had a good start to the race and as the field roared into the first corner Rossi was clipped by another rider , the resulting crash causing Hopkins to run off-line and lose valuable time as he narrowly avoided hitting Rossi . He could finish in top 5 .

If Pedrosa beats out Hayden in the overall points this year, I wouldn't be too suprised if Repsol/Honda cuts him for a faster rider. Honda really wants a title this year and if Nicky doesnt do it, it could be trouble. Or even if Pedrosa wins and Nicky places 3rd this year that could be trouble too.

I don't see Rossi having too many races like today. He'll be back on the podium @ Qatar.

Great race!!

tounge.gif

mad.gif
 I didn't know if Hayden held on until they turned the final corner!  Great start for Hayden, especially since they haven't got the 2006 bike up to race pace yet.
Nickey got passed by Elias in the final turn...but Elias got his
rear tire into the grass and he lost the position
biggrin.gif

Great race!!

tounge.gif

mad.gif
 I didn't know if Hayden held on until they turned the final corner!  Great start for Hayden, especially since they haven't got the 2006 bike up to race pace yet.
biggrin.gif
Whoa!! I'll go look at some videos and see if I can find that one.

I guess Elias went a little hot thru the corner which caused him to go a little off track?

Great race!!

tounge.gif

mad.gif
biggrin.gif
Whoa!!  I'll go look at some videos and see if I can find that one.  

I guess Elias went a little hot thru the corner which caused him to go a little off track?
Play the post race interview with Elias....he talks about it, but the
race coverage was on Capirossi and Pedrosa crossing the line.

Ducati's on the move this year. Good article in last month's Cycle World about last year's bikes, for what it's worth.

Capirossi_01_JPG.JPG

Great race!!

tounge.gif

mad.gif
biggrin.gif
Whoa!!  I'll go look at some videos and see if I can find that one.  

Play the post race interview with Elias....he talks about it, but the
race coverage was on Capirossi and Pedrosa crossing the line.
Elias said in an interview post race on the race video, that he passed Hayden on the final corner then went into the grass and Hayden passed him back.

Sounds like what happens a million times over, a rider cooks into a corner passing another rider, but because he's off the race line the rider he just passed passes him back on the corner exit.

Qautar is going to be harder for sure, its doubtful that both Gibernau and Rossi will crash/break again.

Back