2006 Hayabusa over heat

aliaslamy2k

Registered
Hello All,

I am a newbie to this forum and newbie to hayabusa as well. I recently purchased 2006 Hayabusa and i realised that it was getting over heated upto the red mark when i am in traffic, any how i managed to reach home and kept bike for cooling. After few hours i wanted to see how much time bike takes to overheat on idle and i was shocked to see it took not even 3 minutes to turn on the red light. I changed coolant, burped , changed rad cap.

Then i checked with few of my colleagues and they told me to change the the radiator to GEN II.

My question is, will GEN II radiator with fans fits exactly on GEN I or do i need to do any alteration ?

Many thanks for all your suggestions

Not sure about Gen2 radiator fitting a Gen1, but is it the only/best answer to the problem? Sounds like an electrical issue (temp sensor or wiring issue perhaps) or the system hasn't been completely cleared of air. 3 minutes seems ridiculously fast to simply be a radiator problem.

yes I agree with Bigbusa,theres something seriously wrong with the circulation on your bike possibly water pump failure.You certainly don't need to change to a gen2 rad.

Pretty easy test to take the thermostat out and run it. That may not be the problem but you can take it out, bolt housing back on in 5 minutes. I would do anything to avoid a radiator change. I would not change to a gen II radiator even if the radiator in that bike is toast (which I doubt). Replace it with a gen I that works.

You also did not mention whether you heard the fan come on or not. Did the fan come on about the halfway mark?

+1 for the fan. Make sure it comes on. Also the gen1s over heat in traffic. A lot of commuters put dual muzzy fans on their gen 1s. The gen 2s come stock with two fans.

Back