2006 fuel pump dissasembly and clean

Filter is $250.00. Entire Fuel Pump assy including the filter and sender is around $600.00.

I had the fuel pump go out on my 2002 Sierra and it cost about 700 dollars with labor to replace.

I will say the filter is not easy to clean. After we backflushed and then replaced my friends filter we got just as much if not more crap (sediment) out of it as we did the first time and his tank was clean. there was a HUGE difference between the backflushed filter and the new one performance wise. These bikes have so much power, that unless you are at the race track a dropoff is not that noticeable.

Again, more than 25,000 miles, I would just replace it.

Interestingly, if you have a late model Japanese car, they use similar hardware and cost about the same. The price of Progress.

Well that's something else I need to buy then my bike is at 33,000 ...crap crap crap sometimes I wish the busa wasn't so much fun.........not ...but I mean really 250 bones does everything have to be 200 dollars ...lol I think I need clutch plates too

I got about 35,000 before i noticed mine would dog at 6000 rpm,when passing a car it did it and that wasnt fun when you dont have anything over 6000 rpm and your not overtaking the car...lol...after backflush and cleaning pickup screen i got to 49,000 before noticing it again,so finally knew a new one was needed,after new one is installed going to open old filter and see what it looks like and how dirty...

yep spitting and sputtering came back tonight at higher rpm's and wide open...dang it ...need to spring for a new filter....

Your first post after changing it will be "Dayum, I didn't realize what i was missing"

That wasn't meant to be an I told you so.............:whistle:

i am thinking....im going to tear it apart...and see if i can remove the filter...then put a inline fuel filter..let me think about how i am going to do this and still keep the fuel pressure regulator inline...

filter was from $250-$290..the bottom pickup screen is around $65 and o-ring around $25...but i just used air compressor to clean that and save $65...but after replacing my filter the other day wow when she hits 6000 rpm from there on is awesome...lol...but yea prices anymore are rediculous...

I really think that it robbery, there has to be a way to remove the internal filter, and add a external high pressure one.

Drawing board here i come

The way the sender, filter,regulator, pump and pickup are integrated will make this a challenge. Like to see what you come up with.

wish i had some time to tear apart and come up with something and still ride..

gixerhp and i have a few ideas....putting something together soon....

ok i have the pump out since its storming for rest of week... i have disassembled the filter housing...pics and step by step will be forthcoming...

will be assembling everything tomorrow... i have the filter out and re epoxied so give me another day or two..

i started to get hesitation and sluggishness at 7500 and above and if i cracked the throttle wide open...so at 45k miles i am now cleaning my pump :thumbsup:

Dude, first off that thumb of yours looks like something from The Lord of The Rings. 1st thing I would check is the plugs. But, I'm pretty optimistic when it comes to fixes like this.

Dude, first off that thumb of yours looks like something from The Lord of The Rings. 1st thing I would check is the plugs. But, I'm pretty optimistic when it comes to fixes like this.

once i did my initial cleaning...it went back to normal for about a week...then back to the sluggishness...and the plugs were new platinum's when i didn the dyno tune. less than 5000k miles ago. also when you see my pics of the filter..you will understand why i went with this option

a wise man once said...."the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray".....still working on it...stay tuned...

Back