2006 Busa wont start

aaronxs400

Registered
so heres the deal, i bought a 2006 hayabusa thats a dragbike, virtually stock motor in a pro street style chassis.

i'm having trouble getting it started. the PO removed the air filter and ram air, and it has a murray sidewinder. it has the stock computer (has a power commander on it thats not hooked up or programmed)

the reason the ram air is disconnected is because the fairing came off a turbo bike. i plan on reinstalling it.

the PO started it up for me the other night but did have some trouble, but it did get running, but it was also 15 degrees warmer.

would the lack of air filter and addition of a murray pipe, and no reprogrammed ecu, and it being 50degrees out all contribute to this?

here is a pic just to satisfy ya guys. body work came from tryone martin's old bike.

there we go

bike.jpg

First off; Welcome to the org!!! More info may be needed; is it at least cranking or is it not even turning over?

its cranking great till the battery dies...sometimes it will fire but wont stay running unless you stay on the starter. had a backfire once (i think i flooded it that time)

tried everything imaginable with the choke.

this is the first time ive had a fuel inject and/or liquid cooled bike. maybe its me i dont know, just converted from thos POS harleys.

It's a fast idle, not a choke, but that's alright everyone knows what you're talking about. There's adjustments for the fast idle as well as idle. Fuel / Air / Spark brother. You might be missing one or two of those. On fuel injection you never crank using the throttle IMHO.

Can't have been good on that motor, throttle bodies, etc. running without a filter.

I would check the plugs to start with.

Good luck brother.

i dont believe the bike has even been ran more than a 100 miles with no filters, bike was built and maybe ridden on the street very little. Ill pull a plug tomorrow and check em out. I heard it run 3 days ago...maybe I fouled the plus the other day when it was out of gas and I tried starting it wht hte throttle

thanks, if i cant figure it out im takin it to cycle tech in bucyrus ohio...im recovering from a bad car accident and cant work on it yet..drivin me nuts!

help please pulled the starter relay out and checked continuity the book said should read 3-5 and i am with in range than i check input voltage and read that throuh the pin as discribed in the book and got nothing i do not know what to do next. the book sucks clymer m265 no follow up.

help please pulled the starter relay out and checked continuity the book said should read 3-5 and i am with in range than i check input voltage and read that throuh the pin as discribed in the book and got nothing i do not know what to do next. the book sucks clymer m265 no follow up.

Here is a starter diagram to start testing.
Get back to us and let us know if you can't find it.

Welcome!

:welcome:

Electric Flow Chart.jpg

Last edited:
Back