2006 Busa will not start. Looking for suggestions.

Big_Willy

Registered
I went to start the busa a couple of days ago and it started to turn over and then just stopped.

1. I have tried 3 different batteries....no luck. Engine does not turn over.
2. I removed the cover over the starter gear and all looks ok.
3. I removed what I believe to be the starter clutch and put 12 volts to the starter and is spin quite fast.

So, what I'm trying to figure out is (1) is the starter going bad and too weak to turn the engine over or (2) is the
clutch assembly jacked up or (3) should I be looking elsewhere?

The bike ran fine a week ago. No problems at all.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks
Willy

Need to know what year the bike is, how many miles, and if you have any modifications. You say it stopped turning over, like the battery died or it locked up? Fuel starving? Need fuel, spark, and air? Whats missing?

Put the starter clutch back on and try to turn the motor with a socket and decent size ratchet or breaker bar. If motor turns that way your ok. If not that ***** is seized up.
The last 2 I encountered that was like that had spun bearings.

Crazy Quarles ton but is the neutral light on? I'd say check fuses kickstand switch and clutch switch. Do the lights come on and fuel pump prime?

Well, I believe my starter is shorting out. I checked it with a meter and it reads zero ohms. I realize it's a dc motor and should have a low resistance but it is reading shorted. I will have a new starter in a few days. I hope I'm right about this.
Willy

Sounds like starter / starter clutch, but it wouldn't hurt to try and push start the bike and see what happens. Anyway after put the new starter on, let us know what happens.

Back