2006 Busa vibrations at 4700 rpm

Caroob

Registered
I just picked up an '06 Hayabusa that seems to have been very well taken care of. Everything on the bike is stock, it's clean and runs like a mother.

One thing I notice, though, is that around 4700 rpm the bike starts to vibrate. It's definitely something engine related, since it's that rpm no matter what gear I'm in. It's not like the entire bike is shaking, and it doesn't feel unsafe, but it's a very notable vibration that kicks in right around that rpm.

Is this something that's just a normal part of the Busa? Or is this some problem I should get checked out while it's still under warranty?

Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

Its normal as far as Ive read unless its a rediculous vibration which it doesnt seem like from what you said it is. My 05 has the same vibration at that same RPM

Yup the 4,500 RPM BUZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!! Everyone notices that first, next is the false neutral between 5th and 6th.

Oh by the way, Welcome :welcome:

Last edited:
Same here, I had to remove my Suzuki Anti-vibration pads from my rear sets to install my exhaust and now I can really notice it on my feet, especially if I haven't ridden in a while.

I would still take the bike in if it is under warranty. You just don't know, and since only you can "feel" your bike, it's better to be safe than sorry! :thumbsup:

Oh yea.......... :welcome:

Yup the 4,500 RPM BUZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!! Everyone notices that first, next is the false neutral between 5th and 6th.

Oh by the way, Welcome :welcome:

Haha yep that exact order for me! Luckily I was able to read up on here to find out its normal! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a friend with a 2005 Busa and it does the same thing approaching 5K rpms, i think its just the nature of a big I4's harmonics.

sorry to bring up the old topic, but have you guys have any luck suppressing that vibrations with maybe heavier bar ends or something, mine comes at 4500rpms, and its annoying on long trips as my hands go numb.

cheers,

- Kons

sorry to bring up the old topic, but have you guys have any luck suppressing that vibrations with maybe heavier bar ends or something, mine comes at 4500rpms, and its annoying on long trips as my hands go numb.

cheers,

- Kons

Not done it myself but try getting new grips. I know they have grips that help with vibrations that ive seen. This is not firsthand that ive done but might help you

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

:welcome: to the org.
and yup its normal. for me its about 90mph in 6th. lets me know im about to get in trouble:laugh:
:poke:the buzz means the fun is about to begin:rulez::laugh:
next time you feel it, just bang the throttle open and hang on! that should fix it:whistle::rofl:

Actually a friend of mine that had an 05 busa said that once he put the throttle control on the end of his handlebars it reduced it drastically to a point that he didnt notice it.

It is on the right had only right, my 08 does the same darn thing.

I realized the not shifting fully into 6th at about 120 on a back road....you want to talk about scary.

Back