2006 busa shuts off while riding

reiny

Registered
Occasionlly while i'm riding my busa,it shuts off.I have yoshi slip'ons and a power commander,thats it!!!!
It happens once or twice on most rides!!!!It usually happens on decelleration.and sometime right after i have stopped for a short period,BUT ALWAYS after it has fully warmed up .
Anyone have any similar problems?
Thanks in advance.
Reiny

not sure what map you are running-n why even use a PC if you're only using slip-ons? wont help much. I say pull PC out till you add full system. Go back to basics, if bikes operates normally-leave'er be n enjoy the noise from your slips till your ready to drop $$ on diff. exhaust.

Temp. is Ok correct, and temp. sensor. if the busa thinks or is over heating it will shut down. One guy had a bad thrermostat another did the fan relay mod. If it starts right back up most likely not it, just a thought.

I had the same problem. Bumping the idle up cured my problem. Plug your power commander into your pc while it is attached to the bike and then start the bike. Then look at the digital rpm read out on your PC and adjust your idle up to 1100 rpms. Make sure the bike is warmed up to full operating temp before adjusting.
smile.gif

it does not stutter at all, it will just instantly cut-out .When this happens, i hit the starter button and it will instantly start and run fine.
It is a weird problem,never had it with my other bikes!

Temp. is Ok correct, and temp. sensor. if the busa thinks or is over heating it will shut down. One guy had a bad thrermostat another did the fan relay mod. If it starts right back up most likely not it, just a thought.
An overheating Busa will continue to overheat until the head warps and blows the gasket...then she'll shut down permanently.
There is no safety system built into the Busa's ECU that shuts the bike down when it overheats. If the coolant sensor is bad/out of range all you'll get is a C15 error code.

An overheating Busa will continue to overheat until the head warps and blows the gasket...then she'll shut down permanently.
There is no safety system built into the Busa's ECU that shuts the bike down when it overheats.  If the coolant sensor is bad/out of range all you'll get is a C15 error code.
Both these guys contacted Suzuki that was their stance. One was Tim's '01 and I watched has do it. I noticed has temp. was way hot, just as I was pointing to it, it shut down wouldn't restart until it cooled. He called them the next day. Meanwhile we replace thermostat, he had no problem since and that was last spring. Could've been unrelated. I don't know what to tell ya.

Now on his problem, Kickstand switch 1+, I've had no problems but a lot of bmws do

Back