2005 hayabusa gas in oil

bigbore50

Registered
I have a 2005 hayabusa and I just changed my oil and spark plugs, the bike had 16,000 miles on it,and it was running rough,the oil smelled of gas. My mileage went from 45 mpg to 35 mpg so that was when I changed my plugs. The plugs were not bad at all, the electrodes were sharp not rounded, and the color of them was good. The bike after changing the plugs and before,would not idle smoothly, it idles from 1200to 1600 rpms. I put injector cleaner in the tank and it still idles the same.

Normal to smell a hint of gas in the oil. Worst case would be maybe a stuck injector which would wash out the rings and allow the gas to get by and get into the oil... Do a compression check and have the throttle bodies synced for a smoother idle, also make sure your coils are firmly seated onto the spark plugs. If you're up to it, at that mileage it might be time to check the valve clearances.

I'd make sure all four are getting fire. Your idle is high. I know this is stupid to ask, but do you have the fast idle in the off position after cranking the bike ?

it is possible to buy a bad spark plug. Quick way to check which cylinder is not firing is to get a spray bottle with water. start the bike and spray water on the headers. The cool header will not evaporate the water very quickly. That will narrow down which cylinder for you. Check the coil plug,spark plug and injector.

The bike after changing the plugs and before,would not idle smoothly, it idles from 1200to 1600 rpms. I put injector cleaner in the tank and it still idles the same.

Not so easy to nail a problem or combo of them in one post so like others , here's another stab on it.

Sounds like it was roaming . Prop the tank and look MAP sensor hose and other vacuum lines over . Does the bike have a TRE , Power Commander ,pair valve disabled, flapper valve hose plugged, just start doing this after filling with gas ?

Things like that

Back