2005 Fuel Pressure Regulator?

miserycaptain

Donating Member
Registered
I need a diagram of this if at all possible. I have searched everywhere I can think. I need to clean it but I want to be certain I have the correct part. Thanks in advance for the assistance! Spudley is on me to get this done before the injectors go back in.:thumbsup:

Dave

Is there anything to really clean with a FPR? I thought is was just a diaphram flow controller, etc... what's to clean???

Unless I am seeing this wrong and I very well could be, that diagram appears to be from a gen 1 with the fuel filter located outside the tank? I have an 05 and I presumed it was on the fuel pump which is inside the tank. I guess I need the same edition but for dummies.

Well, it should be connected to your carbs and a return back to your fuel tank. Heck if you are going to clean it, why not just replace it, it should be that expensive.

Also, this could be a problem in the future if we continue to use ethanol in our fuels, the alcohol could eat the diaphram, but that might only be a problem with my CBR600F4i...

Unless I am seeing this wrong and I very well could be, that diagram appears to be from a gen 1 with the fuel filter located outside the tank? I have an 05 and I presumed it was on the fuel pump which is inside the tank. I guess I need the same edition but for dummies.

Page 4-10. Note fuel filter between fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator.

Well, it should be connected to your carbs and a return back to your fuel tank. Heck if you are going to clean it, why not just replace it, it should be that expensive.

Also, this could be a problem in the future if we continue to use ethanol in our fuels, the alcohol could eat the diaphram, but that might only be a problem with my CBR600F4i...

Negative on the return back to the tank. I have one hose out and the two in the back for breather and overflow. No others back to tank. I am confused.

That is a great diagram on 4-10. I will check again tomorrow as I must have missed it somehow. Thanks guys.

Back